cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

For those interested in a new dash cam.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is a review from PC World on the new Vava dash cam with some new features.

Vava dash cam review.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
10 REPLIES 10

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
Finally came in today! Haven't made much use of it yet but so far i like it. I originally planned on moving it between my cars but the mount has an adhesive which I'm sure would go bad if i kept putting it on and taking it off. Hopefully one day they'll make mounts available separately. Videos look good and audio sounds good. The app is OK so far but I'm still figuring it out so it may be better once i do. Here's some snapshots

The camera and nice box it came in

2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
They make other dash cams and home products. Not sure what's going on, it's not like this is their 1st product. I'll have to call tomorrow and see what's happening.
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
That seems to be very common with these Kickstarter-type products. A couple guys on one of my cycle lists are still waiting for their products, and it supposedly was ready to ship several months back. And they're still waiting. And growing more disillusioned the longer they wait.

I wouldn't touch any of that stuff with a ten foot pole. Just seems like sucker bait. Heck, it doesn't even look their website has been updated in quite some time. Not a good sign to me.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered one on the 13th (said I'd have it the 16th). They were on amazon the day of the above post, that's how i found out about it. Still waiting unfortunately...looks like shipments are delayed.....
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, it looks like they have raised nearly half-million dollars on KickStarter. After some searching I found a "news" release by Vava that says the cam will be offered on Amazon starting December 4.

It looks like a nice offering if it lives up to its own hype.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Depending on whether you go to GoFundMe or Indiegogo, it is going to ship either July or August of 2017, yep 2017. Is this a Tesla product? ๐Ÿ™‚

Evidently it didn't ship in July or August of 2017.:W
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depending on whether you go to GoFundMe or Indiegogo, it is going to ship either July or August of 2017, yep 2017. Is this a Tesla product? ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
PC World review:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3228165/consumer-electronics/vava-dash-cam-review.html

Apparently it isn't available yet. It's available for pre-order at:
http://promo.vavachallenge.com/dashcam
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, your link goes to the exploding Cummins Diesel that was posted yesterday.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
This is a review from PC World on the new Vava dash cam with some new features.

Vava dash cam review.

Bill

Link doesn't go to a dash cam review!