cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon coverage in Yuma

olympicman
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to head south to Yuma in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone knows if Verizon works well there? Or is it slow as I have heard it is in other areas of southern AZ.
Bill & Diana & Suzie the super dog lab
2010 Rexhall Airbus 310
Work'in to retire and really RV
13 REPLIES 13

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
Not all stores are Verizon, some are like a franchise and try to sell you unneeded items. If you call Verizon they will tell you which ones are true Verizon. I learned this because the one in my hometown is a partner store and the one 20 miles away is the real deal, salesman told me he doesn't get a commission and to wait until days around black Friday to buy my new phone either from them or order directly from Verizon for the same price.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I just rechecked, and you are right - Verizon is back to normal. 51.6 download, 4.1 up (AT&T is about what it has been all winter - 26.3 down & 16.6 up).

I don't know what the problem was, but it wasn't the RV show. Verizon has been slow since mid November, and just got back to speed.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
vermilye wrote:
Glad to hear Verizon is doing OK in Yuma. Here in Quartzsite the data rate has gone downhill since last year. AT&T is still in the 10 - 12mbs range while Verizon is down to 2mbs or less. Last couple of years, Verizon provided the best service. No idea why...

Was there last week (Kofa NWR) and Verizon was running at full speed. Could be overloaded demand during the January RV show may have been in play.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear Verizon is doing OK in Yuma. Here in Quartzsite the data rate has gone downhill since last year. AT&T is still in the 10 - 12mbs range while Verizon is down to 2mbs or less. Last couple of years, Verizon provided the best service. No idea why...

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have Verizon phones and Verizon Jetpack and have zero problems anywhere in Yuma or the Foothills.

olympicman
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your replys. We will be staying at the Fortuna De Oro RV Park in the Fortuna foot hills just East of Yuma.
We have a Verizon hot spot and two Verizon phones that we have used at several camping areas around Oregon so we are familiar with Verizon.
Bill & Diana & Suzie the super dog lab
2010 Rexhall Airbus 310
Work'in to retire and really RV

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Their data package runs slow when right on the border near Alogodones.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
We did Yuma twice with T-Mobile, on mine and wives phones. Now we have Version on my phone and T-Mobile still on wives phone. About 5 dollars more a month, worth it IMO. Lots more coverage nationwide. If you do go Verizon I would do so before to get to Yuma. When we checked out their phones at Yuma store, they keep trying to sell us stuff I have no need for.

They donโ€™t try to sell you unneeded stuff elsewhere? ๐Ÿ˜„

I havenโ€™t stayed in Yuma, but Verizon worked fine for me driving through and also while hunting in the mountains east of town.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

path1
Explorer
Explorer
(sorry dup)
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

path1
Explorer
Explorer
We did Yuma twice with T-Mobile, on mine and wives phones. After asking around in Yuma, we now have Version on my phone and T-Mobile still on wives phone. About 5 dollars more a month, worth it IMO. And lots more coverage nationwide. If you do check out Verizon I would do so before to get to Yuma. When we checked out their phone store in Yuma store, they keep trying to sell us stuff I have no need for.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Have a lot in the foothills of Yuma and Verizon works just great.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We've been all over AZ, SoCal, etc with zero problems with Verizon.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I was in Quartzsite and I'm now outside Yuma and Verizon is fine. Just keep answering YES to the text messages saying you are almost out of data. ๐Ÿ™‚