cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need windshield in Fresno area

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I need a new driver's side windshield and wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a good place to have it done in the Fresno area. Or any place to stay away from.

It all started out with a chip that caused a star pattern about the size of a quarter. CSAA sent Safelite out and during the process of trying to repair the problem it grew worse as they suggested it might.

Now I have a 13 inch crack and need to have it replaced. Safelite doesn't replace windshields on class A motorhomes and had no recommendations of where to take it. Thought that was a little strange.

My insurance will cover it with a $50 deductable. Had the passenger side done in 2005 while on a trip to the east coast. $850 but the insurance covered it.

So...any suggestions for a place to get it repaired?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes
9 REPLIES 9

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Update on my drivers side windshield replacement in the Fresno area.

On a Tuesday morning I took the coach in to Central Valley RV Repair to install the new windshield they ordered and the next morning they called and said it ready.

I went in to pick it up and decided to have my rear Coleman air conditioner repaired for a loud fan noise as if it was rubbing on something and it wouldn't start spinning if it was set on low speed so I ask them to look at that.

They called the next morning and said it was ready to go. Both fan impellers had come loose and the motor was a bit twisted. They repaired that and it runs quieter and faster than ever.

So I'm a happy camper! Their contact information is:
Central Valley RV Repair
5349 E Home Ave, Fresno, CA 93727
559-255-6188

US Gear Brakes

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE.

Long story but finally today I got Safelite to approve Central Valley RV Repair to replace the windshield.

I will get back to you after the job is done and let you know how it came out.

US Gear Brakes

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Hope it works out for you. My mistake...it is Mark...not Gary. Either way they are great. They have done all my warranty repairs and a few other jobs.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
Call Gary at Central Valley RV Repair 559-255-6188. Ask if they do it or who they suggest. I think they are great and very honest. Just south of the airport.

Interesting. I didn't see this post until 6:45pm tonight. Earlier today I called my Workhorse dealer, Bud Eberwein Brakes in Fresno and Zarkas recommended Central Valley RV Repair in Fresno. Called and talked to Mark who will order the windshield tomorrow after I give him the information printed on the glass.

Thanks for the help and I'll let you all know how the whole thing works out.

US Gear Brakes

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
ArchHoagland wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Call the insurance company. They will be able to recommend who they use for this kind of work and most likely have them come to you.

That's what i did initially and they sent Safelite to my house but the repair failed.

I was hoping to hear from somebody who has actually used one of the places around here for repair. There is one place I definitely won't use.

Today I will be calling a few of the RV repair places I've used in the past and see what they recommend and also contact CSAA and tell them the repair didn't work. I'll see who they recommend.

Once it's repaired I'll report back for sure.

Sorry, I didn't think you were trying to do another repair. With the $50 deductible you should be replacing the windshield and most insurance companies have a preferred provider. I think my insurance folks contacted RV Glass mentioned above while we were in a strange to us city. They came out and did the work a couple of days later.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also calling RVglass solutions might work . They are nationwide service and will ship and have a local “qualified installer” install it. I have heard they were reliable but of course that depends on the local installer.
Bill

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Call Gary at Central Valley RV Repair 559-255-6188. Ask if they do it or who they suggest. I think they are great and very honest. Just south of the airport.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Call the insurance company. They will be able to recommend who they use for this kind of work and most likely have them come to you.

That's what i did initially and they sent Safelite to my house but the repair failed.

I was hoping to hear from somebody who has actually used one of the places around here for repair. There is one place I definitely won't use.

Today I will be calling a few of the RV repair places I've used in the past and see what they recommend and also contact CSAA and tell them the repair didn't work. I'll see who they recommend.

Once it's repaired I'll report back for sure.

US Gear Brakes

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?