Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amother Oldie Not Mine

Explorer
Explorer
HERE
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.
9 REPLIES 9

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool camper! "Apache made pop-ups for Sears"......what didn't Sears sell at some point? Houses, campers....I remember my mom and dad bought a Plymouth Fury with no A/C. Off to Sears they went to have one installed! Now look at Sears...very sad.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I had one years ago, the problem with the sides was they were thin and cold in the winter, and shaky in heavy wind. The unit was well built tho. and we enjoyed it for a couple of years.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
The Chalet and A-Liner A frame Pop Ups with Hard Domers look like a good alternative without the worries of a lift system, and have insulated walls all the way around. But they cost the same as most larger travel trailers.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
That looks pretty good and a tough one.

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
This one shows up at our local State Park often. A Mom, Dad, and a couple kids have a great time.

Fleetwood, when they were making folding units, tried several years ago to make a similar camper, but it didn't sell very well and went out of production about a year later.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I had one years ago they were good PUPs. The side walls folded down but were thin.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful classic.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Boy is that nice. Why did they stop making the hard side?
Bet that would sell like hot cakes today.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I really like that kind of build. Would make a great rig even today.