Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: CW in Woodstock-Dear Mr. Marcus,
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> CW in Woodstock-Dear Mr. Marcus,

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
ArTTy

Right now at CW Woodstock, should be at our house

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/17 09:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dear Mr. Marcus,

Back in Oct of 2017, we purchased a 2017 Keystone Bullet Premier from Camping World in Woodstock, GA. We took it out for one camping trip and found small issues that needed to be resolved. These are simple warranty issues. We took it back and were told that in 2 weeks, we would get it back. After 2 weeks, we had to call Camping World to see about our trailer. They had not even looked at it. They later called and said that they would have to get an okay from Keystone about the warranty work and could not give us a time as to when this would be done. They did estimate about 3 weeks. Yesterday, after Camping World has had our trailer for 2 months, we called again only to find out that the person who was dealing with us had been fired and now we are talking to Don in the service dept. who says that they have hundreds of campers there in the same boat and trying to sort everything out. We asked if any work had been done to the trailer and he said no. They were waiting for a tech to measure a light switch so they could order the items they needed from Keystone to have replace. They have not even done the non warranty work, like adding 2 domes to the roof to cover the vents, that we already purchased and paid for this work to be done. We also purchased a coating to be placed on the outside and inside of the trailer which also has not been done.

It is about to freeze here in GA, in fact, it will freeze tonight or tomorrow night. We asked if they were going to put antifreeze in it and they said they would for a price of $135 or we could come do it ourselves. We live 1.5 hours away and during this time of the year, we cannot go do this as I photograph Santa and my husband IS Santa. I think that since they have had our TT for 2 months, they should do this just to protect the TT on their own. If they had done the work in the 2 weeks time like they first said to begin with, we would be taking care of this ourselves but we don't even have the trailer.
I have tried to call corporate, the number listed on the website just repeats their message over and over again and will not connect to anyone. What a waist of time I spent trying to reach someone. Then I got the number for CW complaints only to find out that this number actually went to an online catalog ordering call center for CW and the only options were to place an order or to check on an order. Another waist of time.
Then I called back to CW in Woodstock and tried to speak with someone that could give me a good number but all the numbers they had were the ones I already had. It truly has been a frustrating day dealing with CW.
In the meantime, I called Keystone asking if we could take the TT to another shop to get the warranty work done in which Keystone called CW in Woodstock. I do not know what transpired but at the end of the conversation, we were told we had permission to go somewhere else. I told this to CW service dept and now they want us to pay for what diagnostic work they have done to our TT (measuring a light switch?, looking at the pantry door and seeing that it is warped, looking at the bedroom sliding door and finding out that it needs to be realigned and looking at the trim in the bathroom and seeing that it needs to be nailed back on - all of this which I pointed out to them so I basically did the diagnostic for them.)
I hope you can help put a fire in the pants of the service dept in Woodstock, help them resolve all of their problems, which they have plenty (after speaking to someone else in accounting, found out that this person left and someone else was doing two jobs.) I think Camping World in Woodstock needs help in every dept to get back to the quality of service I know you want them to have.
I have been warned by many not to deal with Camping World because of these issues and others but I didn't think they would be this bad. I know that you want your company to shine with quality and care and that you want your people to put your customers first and I would appreciate it if you could help them and other CW's to get back to the quality you know they can have.
Any help you can offer me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/17 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello ArTTy,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, I apologize for the experience you are having with the Woodstock Camping World location. We have forwarded your concerns to the leadership team for review and follow up.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/17 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if you take it to another shop the process will begin all over again so plan on another 6 weeks out with no trailer. 3 weeks is a norm and keystone takes their time for approvals

tinstartrvlr

Currently AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/17 09:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sadly, typical.

And it will only get worse.

ArTTy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/17 10:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only after putting a fire under CW, they are actually getting something done. They did winterize the TT under their dime yesterday, "as a sign of good will" according to the Service Manager, who just called me. Parts have been ordered.
I did tell him it would be nice if, instead of passing the buck, just say, " Yes, we did screw up and we will get to your TT today."
Now, I hope the work gets done without any more problems.

ArTTy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/17 10:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Newman Fulltimer,

The problem was not Keystone. They had approved the work in 2 weeks time. The problem was CW.

kerrlakeRoo

Va

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/17 11:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dont be surprised if its May before it's finished, and are told that you owe them $600 for winter storage.

janstey58

Glenwood, IA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/17 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best of luck, I have been waiting on CW in Council Bluffs to fix my slide topper correctly since March! [emoticon]

Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

amxpress

Clayton, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/17 05:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Once it is finally returned, I suggest finding a mobile RV repair person and pay them to fix any problems you might have. You might be able to get reimbursed by the manufacturer, but that's the price you pay when dealing with Camping World.
Lesson learned the hard way.

2007 Dodge RAM 2500 Quad Cab w/6.7 Cummins
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
Reese 15K Pro Series manual slide
Prodigy
Firestone Air Bags
Champion 3500 genny
M.I.L still at the zoo. (in the serpent cages)

DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/17 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't worry, this topic will be edited and censored until it appears the OP is the one who is taking advantage of CW [emoticon]

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> CW in Woodstock-Dear Mr. Marcus,
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS