cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wine Refrigerator; Not RV related

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Not an RV problem, but I know there are some members here that know about refrigeration.

I have one of those little GE Profile Wine Refrigerators that just stopped working. They're basically little dorm refrigerators.

Sounds like the compressor is not starting up when you plug it in. Is there something electrical I should check first before junking it?

Obviously don't want to pay for a new compressor, it's not worth that, but I thought if it's something simple electrically,(relay, etc), I could try fixing that first.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
6 REPLIES 6

dedmiston
As an aside, I have to confess that our fiver came with a wine fridge. It's ridiculous. Our fifth wheel is a toy hauler and we mainly dry camp out in the desert, and the wine fridge only runs on 110.

Our friends give us grief for it and make the "pinkies out" sign when they come inside with us.

And no, we don't keep wine in it. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
we had a brand new one that stopped within 24 hours of startup. Manufacturer admitted they had a problem and sent us a check. I bought a different brand on sale at Lowes and haven't looked back

brooklynluna
Explorer
Explorer
Check the power outlet and trip board, replace any fuses if required. Firstly, a compressor-based wine cooler will inevitably make some noise Take a plastic drinking straw and force it into the fan assembly to stop the fan, Stop each fan, 1-by-1 until you locate the fan that is causing the noise. if the problem still persists why don't you switch to the best wine refrigerator available in the market.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Try turning the thermostat up and down a bunch of times real fast. They get "noisy" and quit working. I've fixed my Vinotemp many times this way.
If that's the problem, you may eventually have to replace it.

The t-Stat is digital push button, I recall the little black box next to the compressor. Relay or compacitor of some sort as I recall. That might be bad causing the compressor not to start maybe.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Try turning the thermostat up and down a bunch of times real fast. They get "noisy" and quit working. I've fixed my Vinotemp many times this way.
If that's the problem, you may eventually have to replace it.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
there is a you tube video on how to fix your problem