cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If You Have a Mobley

ralphnjoann
Explorer
Explorer
An interesting article about AT&T reducing video speeds on the Mobley with their new Stream Saver option which is on by default, but supposedly can be changed by the user. I say "supposedly" because I was unable to save the "Off" choice. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Mobley Mod
51 REPLIES 51

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Please quote where I told anyone what to do? I simply said that I hope they did get throttled for using that much data. Anyone can do or use what ever they please however they please. That's a hope that the provider does as the provider says they would do allowing everyone to have a fair shot at the limited data pool available to the great unwashed out there like me!
If I offend you, please block me!

Just playing "devil's advocate" here, Bill, but if I'm paying for unlimited data, how do I determine an acceptable usage cut off? I previously had a 250GB AT&T Home Phone/Internet plan, should I have limited myself to some arbitrary lesser usage amount then too?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please quote where I told anyone what to do? I simply said that I hope they did get throttled for using that much data. Anyone can do or use what ever they please however they please. That's a hope that the provider does as the provider says they would do allowing everyone to have a fair shot at the limited data pool available to the great unwashed out there like me!
If I offend you, please block me!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
You're effectively telling others what to do with how much they use the Mobley, but you're somehow offended by my innocuous, tongue-in-cheek retort? You do see the hypocrisy, don't you? Oh, brother. :S

Don't worry. I will say no more.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
joeshmoe wrote:
Calm down, bill. It's the one and only time that we've used that much. We had family over and like I said, my wife was on vacation. It was one month. It's not a habit. So put your spurs away.

Please don't tell me what to do. I don't appreciate it. My thoughts and opinions are my own and I share them freely whether folks like it or not.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
chuckbear wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
joeshmoe wrote:
Oh, btw, that's 102 Gigs with 14 days left. ๐Ÿ™‚

YIKES! I hope they do throttle users like that. It is not, never has been, unlimited. It's unlimited with 22GB of unlimited data and then subject to network optimization or something. I have used 90GB in a month without issue and I am still using it without issue but I am hopeful that someone will make sure that super abusers get throttled HARD.

So 100GB User is an abuser but a 90GB User isn't?????? Chuck

That was 100GB used in 16 days, not a month.

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Calm down, bill. It's the one and only time that we've used that much. We had family over and like I said, my wife was on vacation. It was one month. It's not a habit. So put your spurs away.
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Rancho 9000's

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
joeshmoe wrote:

YIKES! I hope they do throttle users like that. It is not, never has been, unlimited. It's unlimited with 22GB of unlimited data and then subject to network optimization or something. I have used 90GB in a month without issue and I am still using it without issue but I am hopeful that someone will make sure that super abusers get throttled HARD.

So 100GB User is an abuser but a 90GB User isn't?????? Chuck

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
joeshmoe wrote:

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Normal speeds for me are 12-15 megs up and down. Today, it's 1-3. Never seen that before. AND the missing streamsaver option is a giveaway. The other mobley...not a problem. Same speed as usual. Streaming HD as normal.

I find it coincidental that for the first time ever, we hit 102 Gigs. But now are experiencing major slowdown. Oh, btw, that's 102 Gigs with 14 days left. ๐Ÿ™‚

Couple reasons I could think of why they haven't throttled you yet:

They can see that you're connecting to various cell sites, on the road. So you're using it as intended.

100ish gigs is acceptable usage for an entire month.

Or they just haven't throttled you yet. Hope that doesn't happen.

I'm using the mobley(s) in one location, all the time.
Maybe after this billing cycle, they'll open up the pipe again. we'll see.

Maybe there's something wrong with the mobley itself, not service related.
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Rancho 9000's

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure I'd say that they throttled you yet. There could be some other issue. I have 2 days left on this billing cycle and am just a few Meg over 100G for the month (I work full time from the road). I've used the Mobley as my only internet adapter for the past 8 months on the road and have never (as far as I know) been throttled. 100G is about normal for me. While I wish it were less, it's not.

I only see slow downs at times when I know traffic is high where I am. That is usually around 8-9ish am then again between 6 and about 9:30 at night. It's nearly 6pm EST and I just ran a speed test. The results are 8.36 down and 12.5 up. That's about normal for me.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Well, unlimited was nice while it lasted.

I have two mobleys on one acct. this last month is the first time I think we really pushed the gig limits. wife was on vacation the last three weeks, so we've been streaming A LOT (mostly her). This morning, go to get online...nothing. Unplug it, plug it back in, stays connected for a few minutes...disconnects. Go to speed test, drastically reduced compared to my other mobley which is sitting right next to the other one. No problems steaming or connecting with that one, BTW.

Go to ATT to check stream saver setting. It's gone. Not even an option for the mobley that we've been using the **** out of. Check the other mobley, stream saver option is still there.

I think they've let us go well beyond the 22 gig limit for the last six months, but we pushed it to over 100 gigs this time and got permanently punished. Gonna tell the wife to go easy on the other mobley from now on.
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Rancho 9000's

BluStem
Explorer
Explorer
Just turned mine off after days of no go.
2008 Dodge 2500 Quadcab
2010 Rockwood 2304S

ralphnjoann
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like my Mobley problem has been fixed. I went into my account today and turned it off. Instead of getting the message about something must have gone wrong, I was advised to wait five minutes and reboot which I did. It stayed off so hopefully the problem is permanently solved. I'll check in a couple of days to make sure.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Should be interesting to see next time I am in an area where I can use the OTA. I only get 3 channels where I am now so I am very happy to have satellite!