cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather forecast for after Christmas

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Weatherbell.com/Joe Bastardi has this for late December into January. Looks like there is another chance of snow in southern TX

12/8/17 Hello from WPB, FL. 85 degrees and a slight breeze and fortunately a cold front coming so highs of only 65-70 for the next couple of days. :B I know, it's not nice to rub it in when you in TX are having snow and really nice WX, but it sure is fun. If it helps the lows will be 50-52. :C

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...
49 REPLIES 49

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
TomG2 wrote:
I have two sets of friends who left the RGV (Rio Grande Valley) yesterday. One for Florida, one for Arizona. "IF" the forecast for next weekend is correct, they are wasting their money. Today, they both look brilliant.

With your 32 and wind chill of 24 I think they ar look brilliant...it's 60 going up to 72 and no wind chill in WPB.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck_thehammer wrote:
John&Joey wrote:
Hopefully it will be open by the weekend, and spring will start. 😄

does that mean,, a refund is forth coming ? 🙂

Yes, according to my park I'm suppose to watch my mail. I guess the $125 monthly increase was a mistake also and will be rolled back shortly :W
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I have two sets of friends who left the RGV (Rio Grande Valley) yesterday. One for Florida, one for Arizona. "IF" the forecast for next weekend is correct, they are wasting their money. Today, they both look brilliant.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
BarbaraOK wrote:
TomG2 wrote:
Just to be fair, at this hour, 1:23 pm CST, it is 71 in Phoenix, 70 in Miami, and 77 in McAllen, Texas. My only point is that it is warm in the Southland today.
. You do realize that you are quote temperatures on areas in different time zones? It was warmer than 71 in the afternoon in Phoenix area yesterday.

OMG. I said that my only point was that it was warm in the south. Arizona is south. Texas is south. Florida is south. The last time I checked. I knew someone would take it as an affront to their choice. That is why I quoted a time in early afternoon to give all a chance to warm up. Both the RGV and Arizona gained a couple of degrees after my post.

Right now, it is 38 in the RGV and 48 in Bisbee, Arizona. One is warmer than the other, but both are colder than I like.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:

does that mean,, a refund is forth coming ? 🙂

no place is truly safe. mother nature will "Average" when she wants...
last winter here in South Texas.. 4 month average was 8 degrees above normal..

in 4 days.. its expected to be 78 and sun....

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
Just to be fair, at this hour, 1:23 pm CST, it is 71 in Phoenix, 70 in Miami, and 77 in McAllen, Texas. My only point is that it is warm in the Southland today.
. You do realize that you are quote temperatures on areas in different time zones? It was warmer than 71 in the afternoon in Phoenix area yesterday.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) 🙂
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it was,

a few of us were out with our motorcycles. "T" shirts 🙂 no jackets.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer

fchammer1
Explorer
Explorer
Ah! Memories of the RGV!

A wind that carries you and your bicycle the length of a 1/10 mile street without the need to pedal.
The struggle to push that bicycle back to your motor home at the end of that street.
Getting out of bed to roll in the window curtains that flap in the wind.
Wearing winter clothes many mornings.
Changing clothes two or three times a day to accommodate Really Gross Valley temperature variations.
Eating meals indoors because it's too windy to eat outside.
Eating meals indoors because there's no picnic tables -- anywhere. Gee could it be because of the wind?
Driving miles and miles for a good burger -- because driving miles and miles is where the closest good burger joint is.
Waiting in long lines because everyone else drove miles and miles to find that same burger joint.
The smell in some Walmarts because not everyone there flushes used toilet paper. Instead it's thrown toward an open container next to the commode, and the smell emanates from there. Also, their aim isn't always the best.
The pain of "holding it" until you get home.
Being known as"cheap" because of my choice to travel to the RGV for three months during the winter.
Faking my residence when a RGV native store owner tells me that "winter Texans" come down to the RGV with a dime and a T-shirt and don't want to change either one. (So much for native friendliness.)

Ah! Good memories of the RGV

Learning that you get what you pay for.
Learning there is a big difference between living and existing.
Learning literally hundreds of excuses to winter in the RGV.
Learning that excuses don't equate with reason.
Leaving the RGV a month early to enjoy the warmth of Florida

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck_thehammer wrote:
...snip.......

and Florida.. count the number of times they LOST all the fruit crops... frost/ice/freezing rain/// etc.

That is a hoax to justify higher prices. The citrus harvests are almost always done before the damaging freezes. And that is in Central Florida. Seldom in the Miami, Naples corridor. Much warmer in South Florida than in other parts. A LOT more expensive than South Texas though.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I woke up to this. Anybody got an idea what it could be?

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
First time in two years that I got a call from my sister in Florida asking about the weather in South Texas. She has the Weather Channel too.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
No location is heaven ..

last winter.. south Texas averaged 10 degrees about average. all winter.
many 80 degree days..

mother nature doing the automatic adjustments.. aka gov-ment global warming.

Az could be this way next year..

just like N.E. Ohio past 2 winters.. very warm and little snow... this year lots of snow and below zero temps...

similar to 1978..

and Florida.. count the number of times they LOST all the fruit crops... frost/ice/freezing rain/// etc.