cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FL park for this Jan-Mar? (stop laughing!)

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
At the last minute, we are wanting to try Florida for a snowbird experience. I know that good parks book full months ahead of time. But anyway,

-Would prefer gulf side but not essential. Central FL is fine, doesn't have to be south.
-Does not have to be near water.
-Has to have a golfing group and nearby courses.
-Not trying to cut corners, we would rather pay up and enjoy some luxury.
-Prefer it has fewer park models, or at least a big RV contingent.

We have an 11 year old fiver, it's excellent cosmetically but still, it might exclude some of the parks.

Suggestions??? (stop laughing!) ๐Ÿ™‚
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
17 REPLIES 17

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Coach Rick wrote:
I am following this post. I have a 2001 fleetwood bounder and would love to find an upscale park for the winter months. Challenge is most โ€œniceโ€ parks restrict age of motor home.

We are now at Sanlan RV Resort in Lakeland. It is very nice. We've been impressed with the place. There was no mention of or question
regarding age. If your RV is well taken care of, I don't think it will be a problem.They appear to have sites, so give them a call.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

Coach_Rick
Explorer
Explorer
I am following this post. I have a 2001 fleetwood bounder and would love to find an upscale park for the winter months. Challenge is most โ€œniceโ€ parks restrict age of motor home.

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Holiday Travel Park in Leesburg. It'd just about dead center of the state and there are plenty of Golf Courses in the area.
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
At the last minute, we are wanting to try Florida for a snowbird experience. I know that good parks book full months ahead of time. But anyway,

-Would prefer gulf side but not essential. Central FL is fine, doesn't have to be south.
-Does not have to be near water.
-Has to have a golfing group and nearby courses.
-Not trying to cut corners, we would rather pay up and enjoy some luxury.
-Prefer it has fewer park models, or at least a big RV contingent.
We have an 11 year old fiver, it's excellent cosmetically but still, it might exclude some of the parks.
Suggestions??? (stop laughing!) ๐Ÿ™‚

No problem! :C
Check out the Crystal River, FL area. CG's all over the Gulf side. tons of golfing places, see the manatees, several beautiful springs, rivers all over within short driving distance. IMHO THE best fish restaurants. And very reasonable rates. Many rave about Rock Crusher CG.

I just found this area and am biased but I think this area is THE best kept secret for RV'ers. So, shhhh don't tell everyone!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to stick with our Arizona plans. Maybe weโ€™ll try Florida next year.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. We are still considering options.

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
We are at Olde Mill Stream in Umatilla and they may have a spot because of a good number of cancellations from Canadians. I run the golf group there and you would certainly be welcome.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
One more thought - you may have to break up your stay. Instead of staying 3 months at one place, you might have to stay for one month at 3 different places. And you might also have to have a flexible start date.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Williston Crossings RV Resort in Williston, Fl, about 15 miles SW of Gainesville. I stayed there one winter. It's a big place (535 sites) so they might have sites available. Top rated. About 30 miles from Cedar Key.

Read their reviews on RVPARKREVIEWS.COM

I don't golf so can't comment to that. But in Florida you are never too far from a golf course or 10. If you call them, ask about a golfing group.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never had a problem finding a space for a short while, but long-term is problematic. All you can do, unless you luck into a cancellation, is call around till you find something. Don't ignore the county and state parks, either.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Best to just call, as others have suggested. I called 'Sun n Fun' in Sarasota Fl in mid Nov, for a slot from 27 Dec to 2 Jan, and had no real problem. It is a resort, and not a state park (we prefer state parks), but this time of year, you take what you can get. I'll be with family more than I will be in the RV.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

fchammer1
Explorer
Explorer
Imperial Bonita Estates

Still recovering from Irma, but will have most activities up and running by January. Five miles from the ocean, and lots to do.
Not the cheapest, but usually full this time of year with a waiting list. Unusual for this park. RV Sites up and running and vacancies due to hurricane. Check it out.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort in Clermont. A little advice. If you hit the ball into the water leave it for the alligators.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
I just called Sanlan RV Park in Lakeland FL yesterday. We are moving back to Lakeland from Winter Haven and will need to live in our MH until we can find a house in Lakeland. I thought there was no way there would be a site, but alas, there was. They aren't cheap during the season, but you might give them a try.

Sanlan has a golf course, but I have no idea how nice (or not) it is.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking