Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Workamping Forum: Just a little advice
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Just a little advice

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
BillyandKris

Arkansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/17 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We’re planning to spend winter 2018-19 in Phoenix area—first time. Was looking at reasonably priced Apache Junction RV parks due to it being a bit out of the BIG CITY and more towards Superstition Mountains—we are hikers. Also hoping to find workamper position or part-time jobs for that winter. A friend who used to live in Mesa said it was “nicer”. It’s like a needle in a haystack looking at all these parks. I am thinking prices may be higher in Mesa. Does anyone know if this is generally true or are they more or less the same? Have found some parks in AJ price range of $320-$475/month. Any advice on finding a park or workamper/other winter part-time position would be appreciated including when to start looking for winter 2018-19. I think I should go ahead soon and make our reservations, regardless, so we can get into a not-so-expensive park. THX

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/09/17 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Iff it has resort in the name it will be $$$$

2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 King Ranch Crew longbed
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 longbed airbags
2014 Jayco Eagle 30.5 BHLT sold
2007 Layton 250LT sold

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/17 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyandKris wrote:

We’re planning to spend winter 2018-19 in Phoenix area—first time. Was looking at reasonably priced Apache Junction RV parks due to it being a bit out of the BIG CITY and more towards Superstition Mountains—we are hikers. Also hoping to find workamper position or part-time jobs for that winter. A friend who used to live in Mesa said it was “nicer”. It’s like a needle in a haystack looking at all these parks. I am thinking prices may be higher in Mesa. Does anyone know if this is generally true or are they more or less the same? Have found some parks in AJ price range of $320-$475/month. Any advice on finding a park or workamper/other winter part-time position would be appreciated including when to start looking for winter 2018-19. I think I should go ahead soon and make our reservations, regardless, so we can get into a not-so-expensive park. THX

Good Luck! most RV parks/resorts within a 30 mile radius of Phoenix charge in the area of $900 to $1200 per month + the cost of electricity per month. For most RV parks need you need to make reservations 6 months to a year in advance. For lower priced RV areas you will need to go more west to Quartsite on BLM land.

darsben1

near Canada in NYS/ Casa Grande, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/17 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you thought of volunteering in The Tonto National Forest.
Site, water, electric and sewer are free in exchange for some labor used to be 20 hours a week.
Lots of trails in the National Forest

Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

jerseyjim

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/10/17 02:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We snowbirded 4 years in a row at Countryside (on Idaho Road) in Apache Junction.

Wonderful time, wonderful people (except the French Canadians who absolutely refused to mix. And, of course, like always, only ONE woman spoke English. Fraud. I wonder why they do that......)

Edited to say: when making reservations, I strongly suggest you call the park itself (ANY park any time you want to reserve) rather than the centralized reservation company.
The park office KNOWS the park. Not just a computer screen at the other place. Just my experience(s).

AJB

SD

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/17 04:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.work-for-rvers-and-campers.com/help-wanted.html

http://workampingjobs.com/workampingjobs.php

https://www.workamper.com/

Probably the three main workamping sites to try and find a job. You should start looking now. It is a nice and usually easy way to offset rv site costs.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/17 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

work camp up at roosevelt lake ,by globe az nice area

USAFBILL

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 12/10/17 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We enjoyed Canyon Vista in Mesa,Az..Resort type park with a hiking club that hiked twice a week with great hikes,. http://www.cal-am.com/resorts/canyon-vistas/

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/17 09:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We volunteered at Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, which has excellent hiking there and in the surrounding area. What a view we had every day!!

Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Irover

Where ever the Good Lord Wills

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/17 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2gypsies wrote:

We volunteered at Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, which has excellent hiking there and in the surrounding area. What a view we had every day!!

Agreed 10X's!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Just a little advice
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS