cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas disposal

gbsb
Explorer
Explorer
My Fuzion Toy Hauler has been setting for a year, I put stabile in the tank when it was parked but I need to clean the tanks out and refill. What do I do with the old fuel that is in the tanks. I have the refill station and the fuel tank for the generator. Then I have to clean the lines change filters and service the generator. I should not let it set for over a year with nothing done to it but I di.
20 REPLIES 20

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I have to do the same thing.

I put some stabil in it when it got parked with 1/4 tank, but I am just so afraid to add new fuel that it will clog the injectors.

My question if HOW you are going to get the gas out of the tank of the TH??

On my MH you can not put a siphon down thru the gas fill. There is something in there to prevent siphoning.

So are you going to drop the tank?

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Try and find some unleaded non ethanol gas, helps solve some issues and lasts longer runs cleaner.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had some old boat gas, and the oil change place took it and dumped it in with their used oil.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

AMG1978
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same concern in Oct when I took mine out. I had about 15 gallons of gas that had been in there for about 14 months. I had put Stabil in it. I decided that since my wifes vehicle is gas powered to simply use the gas station on the side (which pulls from the same tank as the generator uses) to fill her car up. The gas was fine and she drove it off zero issues. I then ran sta-bil through the generator under load, replaced the oil, replaced the spark plug, replaced the air filter. Fresh gas and another thing of stabil. I dont think I'll be so paranoid next time as it does say 24 months and the gas was fine in her GDI car. I also know if I am not using it much I dont keep a full 40 gallons in it.
2012 F-250 6.L Diesel 4x4 Lariat
2016 Forest River WA2916 35' Toy Hauler

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
I don't know how full your tank is, but you can pump it into a jug and use it as your fire starter. I prefer diesel because it's safer, but gasoline is more dramatic.

more dramatic ~ Oh Yeah!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
OLD GAS ~ Hydrocarbons in the gas react with oxygen to produce new compounds that eventually change the chemical composition of the fuel, leading to gum and varnish deposits in the fuel system. These deposits and impurities can coat surfaces, clog up fuel lines and filters, as well the small orifices in a carburetor (jets) and the even smaller orifices in a modern car’s fuel injectors.
Removing these deposits can be a major job — and your vehicle may not run at all (or run very poorly) until they are removed. I'll 2nd this I've been working on engines ever since I was a young lad even then I figured out old gas wasn't good to run when you've taken apart carburetors and seen the damage old gas causes you wouldn't make that comment. Along with fuel injection lines being clogged.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
The fuel is perfectly fine. Fill some approved containers and just put it back for RV use.

dedmiston
I don't know how full your tank is, but you can pump it into a jug and use it as your fire starter. I prefer diesel because it's safer, but gasoline is more dramatic.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Be careful on your blend that's old gas!! Even if your fuel injected it can clog those as well. And if your carbureted it will clog your jets maybe add some seafoam. https://seafoamsales.com/
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

gbsb
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the answers to my dilemma I will try to run it in the generator and the side x side. My truck is a diesel so no go there. Not sure how much is in the tanks generator tank is 18 gallons, and toy tank is 30 gallons. We are headed to Quartzite in January so if it runs the generator maybe I can just fill that tank and it will be enough to dilute any loss of octane. Again thanks George and Merry Christmas to everyone. If any one makes it out to Quartzite in January we will be on Plamosa Road with the Escapees ATV UTV group come by and say hello.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Bonfire!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Stabil should keep it ok for 2 years.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would dump the full amount direct into my other vehicle.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Good question. I asked it in my local small town community and really didn't get much of an answer. One was to pour it in my car tank. I don't like that idea but I guess if a small amount it might get diluted enough to be safe? I usually keep it around to clean paint brushes and to pour it on weeds well away from any buildings, streets, etc. Probably only a quart or so each year. This is not ideal.
Jayco-noslide