Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Easy to store hashbrowns

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Our daughter gave us a carton of these easy to store hashbrowns;

She found them at COSTCO and we have found a couple of other brands at supermarkets here in L.A. area.

There are eight cartons in a package at COSTCO but available a singles elsewhere. They are easy to store and do not require refrigeration. Each carton makes eight servings(?) but we can feed four people with them. Being dehydrated, you can split the carton up into smaller portions if needed. They are amazingly flavorful and cook up just like frozen or freshly made hashbrowns. We carry two or three in the pantry of our rig.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
21 REPLIES 21

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
I ordered some from Amazon after seeing them here. They are the easiest hash browns I have ever made, they turned out better on my first try than any other way I have ever made them.

Thanks for the tip!

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I use frozen hasbbrowns to make potato pancakes. Iโ€™ll have to try these now that I know about them.

Thanks
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

96Bounder30E
Explorer
Explorer
These cook up really well in a George Forman grill.... It cooks both top and bottom at the same time.....
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

ICamel
Explorer
Explorer
Corky12 wrote:
Super_Dave wrote:
What is the rehydrating process?

Fill carton with boiling water, let stand for 12 minutes, drain and cook.

I could see a use for this product if freezing was an issue(no space or no freezer), but I can cook hash browns from frozen in less than 12 minutes........FWIW.
ICamel

2017 Arctic Fox 992
2005 Ford F350 Lariat SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4 + 6 Speed Manual + 19.5" Tires + LoadLifter 5000 Rear Air Bags
2005 16' River Wild Drift Boat
Honda EU2000i
Trophytrout FlyFisherman

Tom_Trostel
Explorer
Explorer

kshayer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm loving the sound of those hash browns but I can't get the image to open. Can someone post the image again, or perhaps give the brand name?
Craig and Karen Shayer
Hurricane 34

fly-swatter
Explorer
Explorer
They are great for camping. Add a few green onions and mushrooms or maybe some shredded cheese. Easy Peasey ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2012 Flagstaff 8524RLS

Corky12
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:

Fill carton with boiling water, let stand for 12 minutes, drain and cook.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart has them to both plain and with cheese
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We buy ours at the bulk food dept. at Winco by weight. Check out the bulk food depts. in your stores. Get as little as desired or big scoops!

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
We get them at Sam's Club. They are great for camping.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Well I guess I'm really behind the times, but then again, I don't do the shopping or more accurately I'm not allowed to do the shopping. Well at least we're not the only ones freeing up freezer space and getting an easy side dish.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

BarryG20
Explorer
Explorer
They are dehydrated and there may very well be dates on the cartons but regardless of the dates I know we have used them that were pushing a year old and they were fine.
2016 Jayco 28.5 RLTS