Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Camping World Stores
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Showme 5vr

Belton, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/17 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marcus, we recently stopped in the Strafford, Missouri store. We enjoy shopping at this location when we are in the area its much nicer than the location in Grain Valley, Missouri which seems cramped. First of all the sales help was very good. My only concern would be RV parking, both the Strafford location and the Grain Valley location appear to have to much RV inventory. If I were pulling my trailer and wanted to stop at a Camping World store I would have to think twice about it because I would be afraid that I couldn't get in and out easily. We barely found a place to park our car.
I would also like to ask about a possible location. Branson, Missouri is a destination for a lot of RVrs, I believe this would be a great location for a Camping World store you wouldn't necessarily need a sales lot just a store and service bays. I am interested in reading your response. Thank You

Steve & Judy 2015 Dodge 2500 6.7L Cummins Crew Cab LWB, 2017 Grand Design Reflections 337RLS
Lifetime Good Sam Member

Nutinelse2do

On the Road Where the Weather Suits Our Clothes

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/17 10:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should send him a PM. He answers mine
Good luck

Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - KSDP 3912... Cummins 350ISL..Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/11/17 10:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've never been to a camping world with room to park an RV. Doesn't matter, though, as I have found other places to shop.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/17 05:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This fall while running through Louisiana, we planned a stop at the Hammond, Louisiana CW with our 40' motorhome towing our Ford Flex . We almost always stop here, shop and have lunch in the parking lot before moving on.

As was the OP's plight, all the sites were taken up by inventory, used and new and one semi trailer dropped in an RV spot. There were maybe 2 or 3 spots for travelers out of 3 rows. We pulled out and went for fuel. Came back and nothing had changed, so we moved on.

Joke's on you Camping World. We were looking for a product we had previously only seen at CW, but a little research on Amazon and we found the same thing.

So there you have it. If you don't have a parking place accessible for the market you are targeting, we will find someplace else to shop.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
Mom to Scottish Terrier, Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/17 06:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Showme 5vr,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam and sharing your suggestions. I apologize for the issues you have had with parking at the Grain Valley and Strafford Camping World locations. I have passed on your concerns to the leadership team for review.
Please reference the Camping World website for future location openings.

Have a good day.
Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/17 07:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Showme 5vr wrote:

My only concern would be RV parking, both the Strafford location and the Grain Valley location appear to have to much RV inventory.

This has been the case in EVERY CW I have visited lately; about 6 locations across as many states. In a couple of cases, there were scant few parking spaces even for cars.

I suspect this happens because the RV manufacturers PAY the dealers to store their excess production at their stores.

I can't think of any other logical reason for them to do this on purpose.

janstey58

Glenwood, IA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/17 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been to the Grain Valley CW, and believe me, the Council Bluffs CW parking lot is worst. They never have space to pull in with an RV and turn around.

Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

jrclark

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/17 08:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tucson is the same. No room to park an RV. Many times cars have the same problem.

2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

janstey58

Glenwood, IA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/17 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, In CB I have had to park like a block away on the street due to parking lot congestion. Kinda made me wonder if I wanted to spend my money there.

Cordelia

Fairfield, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/17 09:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vacaville, Ca is no better!

Gordon
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD L/B E/C D/A 4x4
2003 Eagle Cap 950 Loaded

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS