cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Doc to PDF

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Am trying to create PDF out of a MSW doc with text and images. I created it using MSW and text / photo boxes so it would appear as a news article. I want to upload it to a website -

Would prefer to upload it as a single PDF file and then just link the file, rather than recreate in web - mainly because my tech dumb self finds it easier to use MSW than to use the website models, and it would require writing and inserting images twice ...

But, when I convert the Doc to PDF, the images all go out of alignment ? Any advice here ... Photos are processed as .jpeg in PSE 13, and the MSW doc created in MSW 2016 ... thx M44

My other option is to print the MSW doc and photograph it ... but would rather convert and save PDF, so later I can edit if necessary.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
16 REPLIES 16

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
What version of Office and Win do you have?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
What operating system are you using? Windows 10 has a priter. So does Chrome "Save as pdf" this is different from the DOC->PDF converter.

No guarantees. I've had that same problem with other files.

One diference between the Doc-2-PDF and the printers drivers is that they (the printer drivers in both Chrome and 10) work with almost ANY type of document. even web pages.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
OK - weird, but it works. Win 10 and MSW 2016 -- If I save-as, then ask it to convert to PDF, it shifts the images.

If I go to MS print, as advised above, and save-as PDF, it saves correctly .. Once again, RV.net tech guys to the rescue ... thanks all, and happy camping. M44 ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I agree with all above - will try it once more with a different program from above list.

My MSW program will convert to PDF, but when it does convert to PDF, the images shift and I cannot shift them back in place. That's the issue ... So will try another one of these downloads you mention ... The doc is set perfect in column with images, and will print perfectly from MSW, but as soon as I convert and save as PDF, the images are no longer in the same place when I open the saved file. Will check back this evening with 'my trial' ๐Ÿ™‚ thx
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
X2 with previous posters No need to buy anything unless you want to edit the file after conversion.

Office Word 2010 and beyond Save as PDF or Export PDF

Or any program under Windows 10, use the Microsoft PDF printer. Use it under your programs print feature.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

MrWizard
Foxit PDF printer
and
PDF24

i have both installed on my win8.1 machine
both show up in my printer list

open your file in word (i use note pad)
choose print
then choose the PDF printer
it sends the file and it gets converted to PDF format
which can then be uploaded, printed, emailed or whatever you want to do with it
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
Another free program is Libre Office which will let you save a file as a pdf. It works with Adobe reader and you export to pdf.
I had an old version of Office that will not work with my latest Windows version so now I use Libre Office. I couldn't justify buying the new Office program.

https://www.liLibre Officebreoffice.org/

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using PDF ReDirect for years to convert documents to PDFs from many different programs and apps...Word, Excel, NotePad, etc. there is a free and a Pro version. but check your "File Save As' options. my Word 2007 can save a document as a PDF.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
As others have tried to explain, you are installing a printer device that prints to a PDF file instead of to paper. After using a few I settled on CutePDF although there are a number of others.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
You may be able to select Print as a PDF from your program. When you click on Print, look at where you change the printer and see if PDF is an option.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Using Word 2010 here.

File---- Save as --- then select pdf type doc to save it as.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
monkey44 wrote:
obgraham wrote:
Get a free pdf printer program, like "pdfcreator". Then you just print your material, choosing that as the printer, and you get a pdf, which you can do with what you wish.

Yes, I can print it in MSW, I want to create a saved pdf instead - otherwise, I can just print and photograph it. Was trying to save a step, because I have a lot of these to save and post.

I'm trying to figure out why the MSW file converts to PDF, but the images shift out of place when I convert MSW to PDF ...

Might be I'll just have to print and photo ... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Monkey44

obgraham gave you good advice, but I don't think you understand it. When you use a print to PDF program you don't print the page, you save it as a PDF file. My Windows 10 comes with Microsoft Print To PDF installed (I think). When I want to save a file as PDF I select File, Print, then in the Print dialog box I select Microsoft Print To PDF in the drop-down box where you select your printer. So instead of the file going to your printer it goes to Microsoft Print To PDF and then it asks you where you want to save the file and then the PDF file is created at that location (nothing prints).
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
What version of Word are you using?

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
obgraham wrote:
Get a free pdf printer program, like "pdfcreator". Then you just print your material, choosing that as the printer, and you get a pdf, which you can do with what you wish.

Yes, I can print it in MSW, I want to create a saved pdf instead - otherwise, I can just print and photograph it. Was trying to save a step, because I have a lot of these to save and post.

I'm trying to figure out why the MSW file converts to PDF, but the images shift out of place when I convert MSW to PDF ...

Might be I'll just have to print and photo ... ๐Ÿ˜ž
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845