cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet Runs Continuously When Pump Switch is On!!!

Surviver76
Explorer
Explorer
1996 Lance 3000:
It's still early morning and I have yet to look at valves under bathroom sink but sure hope there is one for the toilet because it has become possessed! Crazy thing just fills the entire time the pump switch is on... what a sudden and unexpected surprise for me this morning... Aaaagh!
5 REPLIES 5

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I always put a valve on the line to the toity - in fact I did that the first week we had our new TT.
Came in real handy when our last RV had the toilet valve fail in the middle of a trip. I just turned it off between flushes and we were able to carry on with our trip.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
So I'm thinking if you over fill your gray water tank you will have back up in the sink and shower... Wouldn't that be nice also.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Surviver76 wrote:
Ok got it sorted out now that I am awake... The lever for "flush" was getting stuck in the open position and I somehow managed to get it to stop doing that and all is better.. Got to watch it though...

That got us one time. Don't put it off to long. We had some friends over. She didn't pull handle all the way back up. Water dripped down into toilet then overflowed into tank. When tank was full, water filled up toilet bowl and overflowed. We were sitting around campfire and he says... why do you have water coming out of your door? They felt really bad and it took a long time to get dry out. Also was last time I think I used "city water" connection. Self-contained mode for us, then on. Water can do lots of damage.

Pull up a file on your make and model of toilet. Pull toilet...Take out valve and take it with you to rv place and match up exactly with a new one. At the time I also installed a on/off turn valve on water line and installed a hand sprayer.

Also probably lots of youtube type info online.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Surviver76
Explorer
Explorer
Ok got it sorted out now that I am awake... The lever for "flush" was getting stuck in the open position and I somehow managed to get it to stop doing that and all is better.. Got to watch it though...

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Valve is either stuck (open) or faulty. Not all that hard to replace.

You will need the toilet make and model to get the correct replacement....probably around $30. Be careful that you don't let the continuous running overfill your holding tank capacity.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro