cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

E450 with V10

jls
Explorer
Explorer
Has any one had an issue with "pinging" We have a 2017 Class c 24'. It seems to ping no matter the fuel tried seafoam with no change. Is pinging covered by Ford warrentee?
John and Pam
2018 Thor Chateau 22E
Ford Chassis
C90T Suzuki Motorcycle
#9 TO THE FRONT
8 REPLIES 8

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
jls wrote:
thanks to all above. Will be taking it to a dealer this coming week.

Just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't tell them you used seafoam in a basically new engine.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

jls
Explorer
Explorer
thanks to all above. Will be taking it to a dealer this coming week.
John and Pam
2018 Thor Chateau 22E
Ford Chassis
C90T Suzuki Motorcycle
#9 TO THE FRONT

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
jls wrote:
Has any one had an issue with "pinging" We have a 2017 Class c 24'. It seems to ping no matter the fuel tried seafoam with no change. Is pinging covered by Ford warranty?

Is your "check engine" light on? Explain your problem to the Ford dealer and ask them to check for fault codes. With a new vehicle under factory warranty, issues associated with any stored fault codes are generally covered under the factory warranty. Please read your chassis owners manual (written/published by Ford Motor Company) and the warranty booklet supplied with every new Ford chassis. Do not add goop to the gasoline to fix a suspected warranty issue. Under some circumstances, that in itself may void your factory warranty. It's never wrong to do the right thing!

Chum lee

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO you got some good advice thus far.

It would be interesting if you post back if and when the problem is resolved.

Dave

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Could be fuel trim, knock sensor, ignition driver sensor or a combination of things...all dealer stuff and most likely warranty related. Do't throw snake oil at an issue that needs resloved by a dealer with the right diagnostic tools and expertise
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Emissions Warranties are strict and pre-ignition falls right into that category. Ron3rd has a good suggestion IMHO.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know your cause but I would think it is certainly covered by warranty. Get it to the dealer and let them fix it, don't rely on the hit and miss theories here.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Have you asked Ford? Taken it in for service? I suggest you document any concern so that later....
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad