cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally!!!!

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We did it this past Thursday, traded our 2015 Grand Reflection 337RLS in on a 2017 Reflection 27RL. Shorter unit and we love it! Did we get a good trade, prob not, but we just were not happy with the length of 337RL. Our first 5th wheel and thought we needed the bigger!! lesson learned! They manufacturer them in Indiana but we had to go to Missouri to get that unit!! 6 hour drive but well worth it!! Happy campers!!! Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
17 REPLIES 17

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! And 2012coleman the only reason we wanted shorter unit is that we camp in national & state parks and although we do find sites to fit in very few. The stress of worring about finding a site was just not worth it. Also we r never inside the unit except to sleep. We loved that unit but we just didn't need that size. We had that unit for 3 camping seasons and went out west every year for 3 weeks each time and still agreed too much space for the 2 of us. The pantry is nice but there is plenty of space in 27 to put food. We won't lie, yes we will miss the slide out bed. We are both tall. Dh is 6'1" & I am 5'10", but we figure we will just adjust. We love this unit! I'm glad we bought the 337 first cause then we realized what we could really do without. Now we appreciate this smaller unit. You can't go wrong with a grand design. We didn't hesitate to buy another. Best customer service from manufacturer. Good luck with choosing. Again thanks everyone for good wishes and comments! Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

gaflick
Explorer
Explorer
We went from the 27RL to the 303RLS.
Loved the 15 27 but the 17 303 had the pantry and several other upgrades that were across the Reflection line.

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Don't feel bad about the trade early in time. We, or i should say I had my eyes on the outback fre 5th wheel for quite some time, weight was good, length etc. I found a 2014 in Arkansas that was the last one in the US. had to have it, after a few months, it was still there. Had to have it. so guess what, we drove from Arizona to Arkansas.OH did I say I had to have it. We arrived at the dealer there and when i got in it, it was beautiful. So Beautiful that it wasn't down to earth like us. OH well i said, I had to have it, price was right, figures were good, they even put on an extra a/c for me, gave me $500 towards m fifth wheel hitch and a couple days later, we were off and running. The WOW factor was gone within a couple days. Usability was terrible, the insulation package was less than what it should have been and a list of other things goes on. Long Story short, three weeks after i had it I traded it for the Grand Design 303 RLS. We love it and i pretty much broke even except the taxes and tags, but the experience we got, or should i say I got was second to none. We enjoy every minute in it and have logged probably about 18K miles in the two years of owner ship. we will have had it three years this upcoming May. So don't worry about the little mistake. know that you are now happy with your purchase. Like me, either I was going to be frustrated and disappointed every time i used it or suck it up and be happy. So with that said, i am done. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new trailer. Ours is the same overall length and we find it works well for us. It tows shorter than our old 25 ft. travel trailer. That opposing living area slide really opens things up.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree larger isn't always better. I guess everyone has different tastes. I can see why some people want to stay below 30 feet and why others want 42 foot units, but, right now I'm not aware of very many brand new larger or smaller units that we would trade straight across for our old Citation.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe the builders know better but we also would have been happier with a smaller but still upper end 5er. We are now 11 seasons with our Alpenlite 34RLR, which is just under 36'LOA pin to bumper, & have not seen anything we would trade it for.

As much as those with the mega mansions hate to admit it, size does matter. Often all the big ones have over the smaller ones is an open floor area big enough to hold a square dance on.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
We did it this past Thursday, traded our 2015 Grand Reflection 337RLS in on a 2017 Reflection 27RL. Shorter unit and we love it! Did we get a good trade, prob not, but we just were not happy with the length of 337RL. Our first 5th wheel and thought we needed the bigger!! lesson learned! They manufacturer them in Indiana but we had to go to Missouri to get that unit!! 6 hour drive but well worth it!! Happy campers!!! Tara
We have been looking at the 303 RLS and the 337RLS Reflection series. Wife likes the 337 better because the bed is East/West vs. North/South. Plus there is a huge walk in closet in the front cap area along with washer dryer hookup. The living area is the same length between the two, but with the 337 you get 4 extra feet for the front suite. We really don't need the big closet, washer hookups, etc IMO, but what was it that you didn't like about the length? I've also looked at the 2017 27RL's which are dealer stock only at this point - nice fifth wheel!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Rock_Wells
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on a beautiful rig! We've been seriously eyeballing the Solitude 310GK...
Rock & Nan Wells
'17 Ram Laramie 3500 Diesel 4x4
'17 Keystone Sprinter 297FWRLS FW

sele
Explorer
Explorer
ENJOY
scott

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. On your new rig... jim2007
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Our TV is a 2014 3500 HD Chevrolet Silverado. Maybe we will get better gas mileage.
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
There is alot of room in this unit! The storage behind the entertainment center is great!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! We love it! God willing in January of 2019 we will be fulltiming in it!!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

56Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Looking Unit. Congrats.