cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-53 dash air manufacturer

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know who makes the A/C unit on the late model (2015 specifically) Ford F-53 chassis motorhomes? Our older 2004 Fleetwood (Workhorse chassis) had a heater-A/C unit built by Denso. Do the current motorhomes on the Ford chassis actually have an A/C built by Ford? I was able to locate the Denso manual and that was VERY helpful in working on the Fleetwood's A/C. Trying to be pro-active here and locate a manual for the one in our 2015 Winne on the F-53 chassis before I need it.
3 REPLIES 3

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
The A/C is split between Ford and who ever the house builder used for the other half. Ford supplied the compressor, dryer and condenser. The other party the hoses to the compressor and from the dryer along with the expansion valve, evaporator and dash control unit. Coach builder does the final assembly, evacuation and coolant/lube oil charge.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
I have since found that the F-53 chassis use the Evans A/C-heat unit. Their website has an excellent section on troubleshooting. I wish all manufacturers were as responsible as these folks! If you 'drill down' through their troubleshooting guide, there is an option to download all of it as a zip file!
http://www.evanstempcon.com/troubleshooting.php

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Call Winnebago and ask them, our MH came with paperwork for the dash air and it's not Ford.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...