Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Genset 2003 Jayco escapade
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Genset 2003 Jayco escapade

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/17 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our genset is same Model and spec. Coach is 2003 on 2002 chassis. And it's 31A. Very good floor plan. I can send the window sticker to help figure out what's standard and optional. Also have service and parts manuals for genset.

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/17 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Locate the fuel line coming from the tank. Take it loose and blow back toward the tank. Listen for bubbling. This should verify that the line is good.
Reconnect line from tank.
Take output line from fuel pump. Energize pump with known good 12 volt DC supply to verify pump is working.
Take bowl loose from carb. Do it carefully. Verify that the float is moving.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

whizbang

Kenmore, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/17 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ditto here. We bought a 2002 Minnie that sat unused for quite a while. Same Gen. Same problem.

There is a fuel pump fuel filter assembly on the lower left under and behind the electronic control module. Our pump/filter wasn't delivering enough fuel.

Since I replaced the pump/filter, the operation has been flawless.

I learned how to do it from Youtube videos. Access is very difficult. It took me all day.

* This post was edited 12/31/17 03:26pm by whizbang *

Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie
http://www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm

Harvard

51.6N 114.7W

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/17 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The fuel pumps (typically) are solenoid type pumps that are pulsed with 12VDC which retracts the solenoid and an opposing spring provides the fuel pressure. So, when you prime the pump, if it is working properly, you will hear the initial solenoid pulsing noise that will lessen as the spring builds up fuel pressure and there is no more solenoid movement. Clear as mud, right???

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/18 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MH's that sit alot tend to have carbs on the gennys that are gummed up. Onan will sell you a new carb reasonable, or you can buy a aftermarket overhaul kit, a gallon can of a caustic dip type carb cleaner ($$) and spend a day or so removing it and tearing it down and cleaning it and reassembling and reinstalling it. Either way you are paying the piper, take your choice.

My bets on the carb.

Charles

2007 Winnebago View 523H on a 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis. Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles on it, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dymanics PD4645, Chill Grille, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, Roadmaster sway bar.

A5sims

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/18 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy New Year! This forum is great so its the carburetor. Found a place here to order the part and install for 150.00. Glad it was not the genset, we can deal with this starting out. Hope to find more youtube videos to help me learn more.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Genset 2003 Jayco escapade
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS