Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: First time... full time.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> First time... full time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
JandVcruise2018

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/18 09:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John Wayne wrote:

Have you checked into the cost of parking the rig in your area per mo. Or where your going to park it if you get one.

Yea, there are a few options. I am going to start calling around and visiting places. If need be I could get on a list for a more desirable place while taking a less desirable place in the mean time.

JandVcruise2018

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/18 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"This lead me to believe you were going mobile, not having to stay near your job.
I don't have specific area suggestions for NorCal. Was going to suggest getting out in the sticks or into Oregon.

Thinking bout using the 5ver for camping or only as a home base?
Pain to drag the 5ver all over the place on weekends, but bigger better for full timeing of course."

Well, we want to live in it full time and we will travel with it most weekends and every available vacation unless, of course, we are going over seas or on a cruise. We are all about travel in all forms...

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/18 10:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, your plan and life is about to get awesome! You're doing what a lot of people dream of.

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500, Mega, 4wd, 5.9 G56, BD Triple Dog, SB ceramic clutch, Industrial Injection Dragonfly Injectors, GDP 2 micron filter, Firestone Bags, Big Wig swaybar, homemade stable loads, ATI viib damper and a BD Brake

kazmir

Santa Cruz, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are in Sonoma County, check out parks out in Guerneville and on the Russian River. There are some out there that allow monthly rentals, if there are any available due to the fire.

Sounds like a great way to enjoy life!

2005 Minnie 24V
Family of Four with lots of toys!">

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> First time... full time.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS