Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone with a 12' Garage with 3 ATVs?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Anyone with a 12' Garage with 3 ATVs?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
busterja21

Elizabeth CO

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm looking at a new TH with 12' garage like the torque t31, impact 312, stryker 3112 or similar. Curious on feedback of those who are putting 3 full size atv's in their 12' garage. I know one will need to go sideways, curious how that is working out, do you drive two in side by side then angle the last one in and muscle the back end in, or do you put the first one in and turn it sideways?

ATVs will be 2 grizzly's and one kawasaki prairie. the grizz's side by side measure 94", the prairie is 47 wide. I currently turn the prairie sideways to fit them in a 10x12 shed, wondering how much harder it is when there is only 8' of width to work with.

Also, has anyone used the pitbull motorcycle jack with the turn table top? Seems like that would make it easy to drive one in jack it up and spin it sideways.

2008 CC SB Duramax
2004 Extreme 27 TXG Toyhauler
2005 Yamaha grizzly 660 (mine)
2000 Yamaha Kodiak 400 (hers)
50 CC Dirt Bike w/ trainers (boys)

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is the garage 8’ inside width? Or outside?

Check your ATV’s diagonal dimensions. I don’t have a TH. But I did buy an extra wide 12’ utility trailer to carry 3 ATVs thinking I could drive one on and then manhandle it sideways. Then the next two. I measured to make sure the trailer inside the rails was wider than the ATVs were long. However I quickly found out the diagonal dimension of the ATVs would not allow me to turn them. Had to make some special ramps to side load. Not an option with a TH.

Wild Card

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wont happen, and you dont want to be man handleing a 5,6,700# 4 wheeler.

2015 Ram 3500 Dually
2017 Voltage Triton 2951

cbshoestring

Penn Hills. PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Three toys, should equal 3 people to push. Should be able to "manhandle" the average ATV.

My thought would be to load it on the dollies at the base of the ramp, push it sideways up the ramp into the hauler.

[image]

busterja21

Elizabeth CO

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The diagonal measurement is 94.5" and the inside of most of them are 96 (102 outside), but the bed lift also takes some of that space up.technically it should work to rotate inside, but seems a bit tight to work in reality.

i also thought about just using loading ramps to drive on the ramp door sideways, then jack the quad or put it on dollies and pull it in with the winches of the other two (backed in).

if anyone has done it, let me know, or maybe i give in on the separate garage and just get one that will fit them in tandem or just put the 3rd wheeler in the truck like i do now.

mr. old style

wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/17 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are they new model Grizzlys or the pre 16 model? The 16+ year model is wider and 2 of them won't fit side by side. It helps to back the first one in and then drive in the second beside it. The bed rails are the big problem, but the older narrower Grizzly will fit. I back my third up the ramp, and with about a 15 pt. turn can get it in side ways without man handleing it. Gotten too old for that [emoticon] I started working on a system like your thinking of, driving them onto the ramp sideways and putting a dolly under them to push all three up in side ways, but didn't get to test it out before the end of the riding season, so will have to wait until spring.

busterja21

Elizabeth CO

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/17 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks mr old style, they are 14/15 grizzlys, I've had them side by side in my snowmobile trailer which is only 96" on the outside, so I'm pretty sure they will fit that way.

I did find some floor jacks that you can get the off road or sand wheel kit for (larger pneumatic tires). That seems like it would work, if you start out with the ramp door level with trailer, drive on it sideways, jack it up and roll it it, just have to go over the threshold and up the dove tail.

mr. old style

wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/17 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup pretty much what I'm doing. Have some 4" non-swivel casters mounted on a plate, with a scissor jack (old stabilizer jack)on that to do the lifting. Couple pieces of 1 1/2 aluminum angle for a track to get over the gap between the ramp and dovetail. Like I say haven't tried it yet, but hoping it will work. 19 degrees below zero this am, so not in a hurry to test it [emoticon]

Robert6401

Gilbert, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have been wondering about loading two ATVs side by side in my 10' garage. Is that possible? I don't have a second one to test with, but am considering purchasing another.

2003 Ford 7.3 Superduty
2012 Raptor 297SE
2009 Forest River Sierra 335QBQ

mr. old style

wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Robert6401 wrote:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have been wondering about loading two ATVs side by side in my 10' garage. Is that possible? I don't have a second one to test with, but am considering purchasing another.

Width should be the same, unless its not a wide body (101"-102")

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Anyone with a 12' Garage with 3 ATVs?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS