Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Platinum membership required for motorhome service?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Platinum membership required for motorhome service?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 07:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got a letter a few weeks back about a change to their roadside assistance products. It basically said that for a variety of factors, they will require existing and new members to buy the Platinum level membership to receive motorhome assistance and service. I don't think towables are affected. I have no problem with this, as I think their roadside support/service has been very good in the 9+ years that I've used them.
I do have a question about current members who have prepaid for several years of coverage, in advance. For example, if I renewed my membership last year and bought 3 years of coverage at the old rate, what happens? Will I get an invoice for the difference between the old rate and the new Platinum rate? Will my motorhome be covered at the old rate, until the 3 year renewal expires? I tried asking them a few weeks back, via their "contact us" feature on the GoodSamRoadside.com website, and haven't heard anything back.
Anyone have any insight? Or anecdotal experience with this issue?

Mike.
Comments are my opinions, unless otherwise stated or inferred.
2018 Navion 24V "Goldilocks"

Triker33

Homestead, FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 08:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have a pre paid contract with them for 3 years if you renewed for the 3 years.
If you only paid for 1 year. Then next year it will go up if you decide to renew with them. If they charge your CC automatic, be sure to cancel out before next year if you don't agree with the new deal of more $$.

They can't change that or charge you more.

They now have 4 different Platinum plans.
Pick the one you want at next renewal

Their new plans is very confusing.
GS quote: Standard membership does not provide benefits for Motorized RVs. If you wish to receive benefits for your Motorized RV, please purchase Platinum, Platinum+, or Platinum Complete.Platinum, Platinum+, or Platinum Complete.

But their Platinum info doesn't include Motorized RVs. Really confusing.

* This post was last edited 01/02/18 09:19am by Triker33 *   View edit history

Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the post MDKMDK. We apologize for any confusion with the letter. You can contact member services at 800-842-5351 for assistance with your questions or you can send me a private message including your contact information and we'll give you a call.

Thank you, Zach

Badlands

Upper Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 08:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GSRoadsideAssistance wrote:

Thank you for the post MDKMDK. We apologize for any confusion with the letter. You can contact member services at 800-842-5351 for assistance with your questions or you can send me a private message including your contact information and we'll give you a call.

Thank you, Zach

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to answer the OP's questions on this forum, so we all benefit from the explanations? I believe it would. Thank you.

Badlands

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's a good point, since I'm probably not the only GSR customer on here that has already renewed for several years in advance at the old service rate/plan.
I've got a lot on my plate right now, and so I may not be able to contact customer service for a few more days. I'll certainly post up the results of the contact, when I get a chance to pursue it.

Wizard 1946

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/18 06:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I received new platinum membership cards in the mail a few days ago

Jerry
2000 Journey 36G
2006 Explorer 4X4

Nothing I've got to do and all day to do it ">

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/18 07:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wizard 1946 wrote:

Were you already a Platinum member? If not, did they charge you for the upgrade? Were you a member at the old basic level before?
Just curious, and it might answer my original questions.

TinyoneRV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/18 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Received a complimentary upgrade to platinum service for the remainder of my current contract. Will decide then whether to make the upgrade permanent. Not sure it's worth the extra cost.

egh33

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/18 10:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wizard 1946 wrote:

Me too.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 03:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Platinum membership required for motorhome service?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS