Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Asthma in Arizona
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Asthma in Arizona

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Part of the reason I enjoy being by (or on) a large body of water. I never thought I had allergies till I started fishing off a pier in the Atlantic.

While out on the pier I felt great. Once I came off the pier and headed inland I became stuffed up.

DW would get sick in FL from the pine pollen. We both get sick inland TX near the sugar cane burns. Neither got sick in AZ, but then we never spent a whole winter there.

joebedford

Finally back home in the north

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

aguablanco wrote:

The air in Phoenix is, right now,very polluted. Some say worse than Beijing.
I've been to Beijing several times. Phoenix is not worse.

rocmoc

Southern AZ/Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lived in AZ nearly 20 years and have never met anyone with Valley Fever or AZ induced Asthma. As one who gets 5 allergy shots a week, I was sicker from my allergies from where I move 20 years ago! If you have or get Asthma, you can and will suffer from it in many other locations outside of AZ.

rocmoc n AZ

rocmoc n Southern AZ/Mexico

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

aguablanco wrote:

....... The air in Phoenix is, right now,very polluted. Some say worse than Beijing. .....
RichH

Some say almost anything to get a reaction. Do you really believe everything that "someone" says? I was in the Valley in the early 70s - when copper mines were running full bore and the sky was brown. No comparison. Does there get some times when an air alert is issued. Sure, but at no time is it anything like Beijing, nor LA of the late 60s, 70s.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ">
Mischief (2004 Subaru Forester Toad) ">
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/18 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just to show No disrespect to Arizona, Valley Fever is in fact short for "San Joaquin Valley Fever"....commonly known as the birthplace and a very major contributor of the Fungus! Heck, my own introduction to it could have just as easily occurred in Bakersfield, where my brother lives.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier's Rosie and Elvis.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie- Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Asthma in Arizona
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS