cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VA medication refill on the road

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any veterans get their medications through the VA refilled while on the road?
Beginning to travel more and have an extensive regimen of medication. My fear is that if we're on the road and for some reason or another I run out of a certain medication or another. Can I go to what ever VA facility, with the proper facilities, is in the area and get a refill or flash supply to tide me over? Or is this too much to hope for?

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
2 REPLIES 2

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

Weโ€™ve been fulltiming for eleven years. I get all my meds through the VA. I receive a ninety day supply via mail. I use Escapees mail forwarding service. The VA sends my meds to Escapees and they mail forward them to me where ever we maybe. Havenโ€™t had a problem with this system.

โ€œHappy Trailsโ€
Chiefneon

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
You can go to any VA hospital and refill, or if you know you will be at a given location for a couple of weeks, use the VA website to order local delivery, but it can become problematic on recieving them since most items will be shipped by the Postal service, not UPS or Fedex.
If you will be using any famcamps along the way, you can call ahead to the base PO and arrange for them to accept and hold them for you in many cases.
Check with the folks over on www.militarycampgrounds.us
Lots of folks on their forums dealing with this.