Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Time to buy and how pay
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Time to buy and how pay

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i agree with valhalla and the others, just make sure however you need to do it. The banks should be able to wire the money as long as they have routing number etc. other than that, not sure about the $$$ stuff. the DMV will be able to insure it is a clear title. If the seller is hesitant of doing that, stay clear of the sale. In the meantime, make sure when choosing the unit you want, make sure you like the floor plan, try everything out, sit on the toilet, sit at the kitchen table, act like you are using the sink, simulate sleeping, watching tv, etc. this will help you know the usability is good and and what you will be comfortable with. Maybe we will see you in our travels. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

schubi

still Germany

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i dont know how long the transfer is,

but at this time i do not have the title or something else in my Hand, right ?
We want to Register the RV in Montana, so i dont go with the seller to the DMV, or ?

jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A wired transfer form one back to the other shouldn't take long. I know of other times locally, a typical transfer is done right away to guarantee funds. Other large from one state to another and one bank to another has taken a couple days. You will need to check with the banks for details. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

re. big bag of cash. aren't there issues with over 10,000 cash purchases?
bumpy

Cash transfers over $10,000 need to be documented to the IRS, to be legal in the U.S. It is just a matter of filling out the proper form. The form is not necessary for larger transactions through banks (including checks) because those are reported by the banks automatically, and actually cleared differently. It takes me much longer to clear a $60,000 check or a $300,000 check than it does for a $500 or $5000 transfer.

Biggest hurdle will be title and registration, which usually must be issued to a person (or equivalent legal entity) resident in the state in which this is done. This has been almost universal as the states changed their practices to comply with Homeland Security requirements. There are law firms that specialize in handling this, although many visitors simply use a legal resident known to them as their proxy.

* This post was edited 01/10/18 08:23am by tatest *

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

can a LLC or similar be set up to "own" this rv?
bumpy

schubi

still Germany

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 03:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes it can. We want to create a LCC in Montana, so we pay no salestax and have an adress for the DMV, insurance etc.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Time to buy and how pay
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS