Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: K&M Resorts
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> K&M Resorts

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
oyarsa

Central Washington

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/18 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just hate driving so far to hear their spiel in order to get the three days...

Lwiddis

El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora Reina Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/18 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why put yourself and spouse through this...ordeal...for two free nights of camping?

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar - parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for USC & historical flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county campgrounds. 14 year Army vet. Bicyclist!

bdpreece

Woodburn Oregon / Yuma Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/18 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have stayed at a couple of their parks and found them to be nice. The biggest problems with owning a membership seems to be that they over sell their parks and even if they guarantee you a site it will be in overflow with no hookups. If you buy in make sure you get what you think you are buying in writing.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

campknitter

WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 01:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My mom and I jointly did this, splitting the cost. Me, I wouldn't have initially done it because I prefer SP's & NP. But mom being elderly, she feels safer and enjoys the social aspect.

Our experiences: I have not had any problem getting a spot at the Ocean City (Ocean side) cg in the years we have used it even in the summer. We have stayed at 5 of the cg's - all the restrooms have been well maintained and the staff cheerful and helpful.

Would I do it again. Nope.

One other postive, our yearly maintenance fee is very minimal now, we had a clause in our contract that reduced it drastically after 5 years of membership.

jerseyjim

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/18 04:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quite a few years ago. the "membership" cg company...long story short, wanted $5000 (FIVE THOUSAND Dollars) for "membership". Guaranteed all kinds of things. Went home to think it over...(good move for me) and just then, all these claims about "can't get out of membership"..."can't transfer membership" "place booked solid..cannot get in even tho I am a member" and even, if I recall correctly, some kind of legal fraud being perpetrated by some of these companies.

In short....I came to realize....who needs them? For 5 grand I can do alot of camping...and there are plenty and available non-membership campgrounds AND resorts around.

So...maybe good for some...not for me. FWIW. Get yourself a copy for (2018) Trailer Life Directory (from Camping World..store or website), and perhaps join the KOA program. 10% discount....pays for itself after 2 or 3 weekends. And their directory. Good stuff. Almost all campgrounds are listed and rated. Lotta non-membership stuff out there........

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping resort memberships may make sense for some, but for many others, it turns out to be a bad deal. Unless you're retired, you probably won't be able to use it enough to make it worthwhile economically.

Secondhand memberships can be purchased for pennies on the dollar for a reason.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One three letter word will easily sum it up. Run!

We used to be members for a few years. Eventually couldn't take it any more and sold our membership. Took forever to sell and only got a fraction of what we paid for it. We got one of their "free" memberships at an RV show when we got our first TT and got sucked into it. The "free" membership was next to useless after looking at the restrictions and limitations. Went to a sales pitch and was like being at the worst used car dealership on the planet. Memberships are way oversold and it can be next to impossible to get into some of their CGs in the summer. They don't enforce their rules. The don't spend money on maintenance or upgrades. A co-worker of DW got his family jewels chomped by an off-leash bulldog and ended up in hospital and they did nothing. They do not have standard memberships and no two are alike - contract details in each are what you can successfully negotiate into it. I could go on for pages and pages of our experiences...

We've been to all of their "resorts" (haha). Some are nice and tidy like Diamond Point and Maple Grove and some are dives like Chinook and Newport. We bought a premium pre-owned Thousand Trails membership for under $1K and can stay at any of their CGs in the US. Much, much better and couldn't be happier.

They have two CGs in Ocean Shores - "Ocean Mist" and "Ocean Breeze". One is near the ocean and about 1/4 mile to the water. The other is on the inland side of the main road. Ocean Mist is "okay" and Ocean Breeze has a nice setting but has the worst electrical I've ever come across anywhere and the photo is what all the pedestals were like (I'm an EE but you sure don't need to be one to judge the photo). Had to use a stick to prop up the shore power cord's plug to keep it from falling out.

Do yourself a favor and fuggedaboutit.

[image]

* This post was last edited 01/06/18 11:19am by myredracer *   View edit history

Used to be I couldn't even spell RV, now we own one!

Gil, Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, many mods (mild to wild), Reese DC WDH
2009 F250 super duty, V10, supercab, 4WD, 8' bed, Hawkshead TPMS & T-valves

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oyarsa wrote:

I tried doing a search on here with little luck, but I'm not the best at searching forums so I apologize if this has been asked a million times.

We recently bought an RV with lots of help from this forum. The dealer we bought it from gave us a booklet from K&M Resorts which includes 2 nights (she wrote in a 3rd) free at a Washington K&M resort. It also appears to include a membership. I called to reserve the nights we want and it sounds like a timeshare type situation. We have to go to one of the places first to learn about them.

Anyone have experience with them? I googled and found some discouraging info, but maybe if we just don't agree to anything beyond what was included...

...I just hate driving so far to hear their spiel in order to get the three days...

There is no such thing as "free".

You WILL "work" at any such "giveaway" scam as this.

This is no different than those high pressure "timeshare" deals that offer a few days free stay at on of their "resorts".

By accepting the free stay you WILL be required to sit in at least one if not more high pressure sales pitch meetings.

They WILL beat you down with all types of hard sell pitches with extremely confusing numbers and supposed "benefits".

Under no circumstances sign ANYTHING without reading and understanding the entire document or having a lawyer review the documents.

Once signed you ARE "in" and under a legal contract with pretty much no hopes of getting out or your money back.

It IS A OLD FASHION SALES SCAM to get you in the door.

Some folks are fine with these scams and feel they get their monies worth but in reality you will pay at least market value (going rate) or higher to stay at their "resorts".

If you want locked in to their resorts and are fine with paying their fees then go ahead and take them up on the deal.

But down the road you might find that you don't use them much or can't use them due to "overbooking" or it costs more than what they lead on..

Me, personally, I would skip this mess, not worth wasting my time or money.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

oyarsa wrote:

I just hate driving so far to hear their spiel in order to get the three days...

Go with that and find a nice state park to stay in.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2008 Nissan Frontier CC 4WD
Andersen Hitch

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW and I went to one of these things years ago, I don't remember what company it was. The park was nothing special, and the high pressure sales pitch was the most obnoxious I've even been subjected to. I'd rather stay in state parks and forest areas anyway, don't need a pool or a gameroom.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> K&M Resorts
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS