cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Narrowing down my search for a Class A gasser

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
OK, we went to the Greensboro RV show yesterday, (What a disappointment from years gone by) Found the features we liked, now have to find who makes the unit that has them all. Looking for V-10 drive, opposing front slides, laundry connections.
If this sounds like yours, let me know what you have so I can start looking for one like it.

To be clear, I'm not trying to buy your's, I just want to know what it is, if it has these features.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)
15 REPLIES 15

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
mfox20 wrote:
We also are currently looking at newer models wanting 2, 3 or 4 slides. The HR Vactioneer 35P and Bounder 35P floorplans looked great until we saw both last weekend. With the opposing living area slides in you have very little aisle space, would be difficult to access anything without stopping and running at least one out.

We are now searching for 1 slide in the living area and 1 or 2 in the bath bedroom area. Really like the Allegro 32SA so far. Has the maximum space with front slide in that we have been able to find in a 2017-2018 model in any brand that also has adequate kitchen storage space.

I now know why nobody posts pictures with the slides in. Sure would have saved me some time.

Good luck on your search and let us know what you find.

The most accessible coach we ever had, while underway, didn't have slides. Nowadays, it's all about having an apartment when you park, with a no slide unit, taking the biggest hit of all for resale.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

9er
Explorer
Explorer
after we found the floorplan we liked we ended up with tiffin, if u can go down to redbay alabama and do the factory tour,they also allow u to watch your unit being built and you can spend the whole time with it from start to finish if u want, we watch a few days then returned at the end for final inspection,, that may help u decide as well,, did for us

9er
Explorer
Explorer
the tiffin 34pa can come on a 24k or 26k depends on ordering we ordered the 26k

tyaughton
Explorer
Explorer
3 dog nights wrote:
Thanks! Checks all of the boxes, I'll look into it. Anybody else?
: Just know that the new low end Newmars are not all the nice. One has to go to the top of the line, one with a Diesel to get a nice Newmar today.
Peter

jeeperdude10
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Bounder (Fleetwood) 35K. We have that model and are satisfied with it. It has the one slide in 'living room', and bedroom. When retracted we have an adequate isle to use, plus with the 1/2 bath at mid-ship, makes it that much easier to use while traveling or pit stop.
2016 Bounder 35K
2014 Freedom Edition JEEP Unlimited
Traveling thru this great country

mfox20
Explorer
Explorer
We also are currently looking at newer models wanting 2, 3 or 4 slides. The HR Vactioneer 35P and Bounder 35P floorplans looked great until we saw both last weekend. With the opposing living area slides in you have very little aisle space, would be difficult to access anything without stopping and running at least one out.

We are now searching for 1 slide in the living area and 1 or 2 in the bath bedroom area. Really like the Allegro 32SA so far. Has the maximum space with front slide in that we have been able to find in a 2017-2018 model in any brand that also has adequate kitchen storage space.

I now know why nobody posts pictures with the slides in. Sure would have saved me some time.

Good luck on your search and let us know what you find.
Michael

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Gasser
2013 Honda CR-V Toad

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Another difference in the build process is sound & heat reduction insulation. Take a ride in them, on the Hwy and rough roads, if you can. I think Newmar and Tiffin excel in these areas. Winnie is a close third.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
This is why I love this site, real life info! Thanks guys, still shopping.
Bob & Lynn

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
All of the current Class A gassers are on Ford chassis with a Ford V-10 engine so they're all going to be the same in that regard...

I disagree with the assertion they’re all the same. Ford makes various capacity chassis and one maker will use a 24,000 pound chassis for a given length and another will use a 22,000 pound or even 20,500 chassis. And wheelbase varies among builders and I go with the notion the longer the better. A 34 foot Bounder has a 22,000 chassis and a 208 inch wheelbase, a 34 foot Tiffin a 24,000 chassis and a 228 inch wheelbase. Significant differences that will manifest themselves in payload, handling and stability.

Very well put and something that not many will pay any attention to.
I hear it constantly, how there's no difference between two models, other than the price.
It gets really complicated with DP's, with so much more to consider.
The main thing is, that it has a huge TV, with a fireplace under it...:R
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
All of the current Class A gassers are on Ford chassis with a Ford V-10 engine so they're all going to be the same in that regard...

I disagree with the assertion they’re all the same. Ford makes various capacity chassis and one maker will use a 24,000 pound chassis for a given length and another will use a 22,000 pound or even 20,500 chassis. And wheelbase varies among builders and I go with the notion the longer the better. A 34 foot Bounder has a 22,000 chassis and a 208 inch wheelbase, a 34 foot Tiffin a 24,000 chassis and a 228 inch wheelbase. Significant differences that will manifest themselves in payload, handling and stability.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
All of the current Class A gassers are on Ford chassis with a Ford V-10 engine so they're all going to be the same in that regard. What matters is the build quality of the 'house'. Newmar and Tiffin are the quality leaders in my book. Winni and Fleetwood tied for 3rd. Thor is dead last.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35p.
Did you stop by RV outlet USA in Danville VA. On your way to Greensboro? They have one in stock with the washer/dryer combo for $140k out the door.

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34PA. The features you want plus a large john and shower and great bones—26,000 pound chassis and 252” wheelbase on a 36 foot 1 inch length—no awkward long rear overhang. They have the basics down right.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! Checks all of the boxes, I'll look into it. Anybody else?
Bob & Lynn