Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dinghy Towing: Jeep Wrangler Prices
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  Vehicles

> Jeep Wrangler Prices

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Steeljag

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/18 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, this is the dingy towing area so why all the big truck comparisons .....LOL !

The Jeep Wrangler is standard ! It is great for its intended purpose, and an internationally recognized vehicle! Those who have them love them, those who don’t ?? Jealous maybe ? Who knows ?

To the poster who wrote about “ test driving one” , and writing not intended for interstates ? I’ve had mine to NW Va and the Keys, running smoothly !

To the poster writing about his / her Ford ecoboost truck going anywhere Jeeps go ??? I also have a Ford F 150 Eco......and NO, it can’t ! Not if I wanted to keep my bumpers attached !

Why people always get their blood pressure up, and want to compare “ other” vehicles to Jeep Wranglers is funny !

Get what you want as a Toad ! Get what’s best for you, your needs, your wants, etc !

The Jeep is .....well......a JEEP !

OIIIIIIIO

2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/18 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last fall at the end of the year, there were new Jeep Cherokees going for $17,000 new in Los Angeles.

dubdub07

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/29/18 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ford F-150 going where my Jeep goes!! LOL!! OMG, that is good. There are Jeeps that cannot go where my Jeep goes!

2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 2013 SHO, 2013 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

Cider

Central Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/18 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hard to find "deals" on Jeep Wranglers. Here in the NW, if you and one for less than $15K, used, it either has a ton of miles or is pretty much used up. We looked for a while and went through all the monkey motions and after looking at dealer prices, and sticker shock, went back to the used market. Finally found a 2008 JK Sahara, 2Dr, that we could tow with out MBS Sprinter. Paid $18K for it, was a fair price for 70K miles and spotless inside out and no damage anywhere with good records check. Where I live, on Craigslist, you see used jeeps that owners are asking upwards of $40K for. Granted - they are tricked out, lifted, and god knows what else, but for a toad, stock Jeep does really well. We towed ours through Or, Id, WY, Mt, Co, and Ut last year. No issues and for the two of us - it's perfect. Small dog gets the back seat as I would never fit in there. If you are going to look used, and something beyond the basic JK, and want some creature comforts, this is the kind of pricing to expect. As others have posted, if you decide to sell it later, you will not lose much money on it as they are in demand. And with the new JL models coming out, JK's still are being sought after. Also, I have the smaller V6 engine, and it does fine. Not a powerhouse, but it does the job and I average around 21 - 22 mpg. Real happy with our unplanned purchase.

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/18 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a '13 Sahara 4dr and have towed it since buying it new with no problems. Shifter in Park and the other in neutral. Steering does not lock and it follows like a faithful dog.
It is the only Jeep model I would consider. We have drive it off road on the farm, national forest trails in N Georgia, dirt roads, highways and interstates and it drives ad rides great. It has the hard roof, but came with the rag top and the hard roof. My wife is handicapped with MS but she loves to get off in the woods when we trail ride. Her wheelchair fits in the rear compartment area and if we have friends who want to go, they ride in the back seat. Still room for a few lunch basket and cokes. The only thing I would change would be to add a 6th gear and increase gas mileage a bit. We get a little better than 21 on the interstates around N Georgia area

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/18 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Jeep-Wrangler-d494?sourceContext=facebook&utm_campaign=remarket&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=facebook#listing=197964939

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/18 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update from OP:

I negotiated with several Jeep dealers and at the last minute I got cold feet and picked a Subaru Crosstrek. I like the Wrangler a lot, but I don't really need its hardcore off road ability. The Crosstrek has AWD and 8.7 inch ground clearance which I think will allow me to run around the light trails that I want to visit while travelling in a motorhome. I will have to pull it on a trailer, but it's a nice daily driver for when I'm working and I will save about $200 per month over the Jeep so I'm willing to do the extra work of pulling it on the trailer. FYI, I got a new 2018 with automatic transmission and not a lot extra for $285 per month with 0 down on a 36-month lease. I can always buy it at the end of the lease, but I'll probably want something new in 3 years.

* This post was edited 02/14/18 09:42pm by DallasSteve *

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/18 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So there ya go. It seems that the OP chose to buy a toad THAT HE HAS TO TRAILER rather than pay the ridiculous prices for a used Jeep.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

FIRE UP

Lake Havasu City AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/18 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jplante4 wrote:

So there ya go. It seems that the OP chose to buy a toad THAT HE HAS TO TRAILER rather than pay the ridiculous prices for a used Jeep.

.....or the "ridiculous" prices on a new or use FORD, CHEVY or DODGE truck, or any other popular vehicle.
Scott

Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Roger in VERMONT

Rutland, Vt. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/18 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeep Wranglers and Tacoma trucks are on the top of the list to purchase new because of they retain there value. We have owned wranglers for probably 30 years. We just sold our 2010 wrangler unlimited for $22,000 we paid new $27,000. Not bad $5,000 for 7 years of use. Granted we kept it in like new condition and it only had 35,000 miles.
Looking at used wrangler prices the purchaser got a great deal.
Similar payback on all our wranglers. Fun to drive and easy to tow.

"> 2001 41' Holiday Rambler Imperial
2004 Jeep Wrangler
Weekenders and Loving it!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  Vehicles

> Jeep Wrangler Prices
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS