Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Hybrid Travel Trailers: Antigua 215sb Roof Repair...updated
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Antigua 215sb Roof Repair...updated

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
hybrid dw

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/18 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had to make sure the wiring for the lights werent in my path of cutting! I screwed in support blocks to the walls to transfer any load through the wall to the floor frame. So the completed deck support is installed:

[image]

gwh1bass

Mid-Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/18 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice save, creative and well done. Are you patching in the roofing or a complete re_do?

hybrid dw

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/18 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Partial but full width, watch this thread for progress of that. I just got the Best Materials shipment in today.

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/18 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice job! Looking forward to your progress.

2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

hybrid dw

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/18 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More dis-assembly. I cannot find a DIY user thread for any TT RV type that goes into detail about edge condition dis-assembly and repair. These moldings look typical on most HTT/TT/RV's so I hope this is useful...its not pretty.

The corner detail of 3 moldings have to be taken apart to get a new membrane under them.

[image]

hybrid dw

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/18 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The fasteners of this molding channel (alum) are hidden under a vinyl insert. In this horizontal side molding, the factory wrapped the vinyl back behind the molding all the way to the first screw. Not sure the logic with that if its in fact a removable insert, its ruinded upon first removal if you dont carefully discover this condition and want to re-use it.

[image]

* This post was edited 01/28/18 03:58pm by hybrid dw *

hybrid dw

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/18 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of caulk and white liquid roof scraping went on for hours yesterday. Taking the edges and surfaces back about 6 feet from the rear to a solid or patchable condition.

Heres how the factory did it. The roof membrane is adhered to the deck and runs past every edge for 2 inches. The back of the 2 inch flap that goes down over the side gets a Butyl strip....continuous along each edge.

[image]

The molding channel is then screwed over the membrane and caulked on its edges.

* This post was edited 01/28/18 03:59pm by hybrid dw *

hybrid dw

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/18 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the other side (canopy side) of the Antigua, we have a more complex condition. The canopy frame/roller is mounted directly through the side molding, with bolts through the molding fabric channel into the top wall edge of the Antigua:

[image]

I had to release the tension on the canopy frame to get a cresent wrench to access the bolts, remove them and then remove the molding.

[image]

hybrid dw

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/18 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Once that assembly was able to be pulled away I had work room to remove the membrane which had a strip of Eternabond put over it. More scraping and complaining.

[image]

hybrid dw

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/18 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So we are nearly in a prepared state to patch, we still need to remove some of the rotted luan layers down to adhesion. I plan on installing FRP in place of missing luan/wood, directly adhered to the foam. The foam is intact so it will hold. Why put back a material that is again vulnerable to water damage (should it ever happen)? Using FRP will provide stiffness and super flat surface for the membrane to adhere.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Antigua 215sb Roof Repair...updated
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS