Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Will You Be Watching The Nat'l Championship Mon?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Will You Be Watching The Nat'l Championship Mon?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally I've been debating that in my mind, although I cannot remember ever missing a National Championship football game and I think tomorrow's night game is going to be a good one to watch! However, in a way, it also could be referred to the SEC Championship Part 2. And the reason why I say Part 2, is because Georgia from the SEC East beat Auburn from the SEC East. Now lets take this conservation a step further, how interested in the Final 4 teams in the National Championship if 3 of the 4 teams were SEC teams or if ALL 4 Final 4 teams are SEC teams? I think in very short order, the Championship will be expanded to 6 or an 8 team playoff. And by the way, my OSU Buckeyes did NOT deserve to be in the final 4! The awful loss to Iowa was a killer!

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 08:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll probably watch simply because I'll be traveling for work and stuck in a hotel room with not much to do. While I really don't care who wins, I'll probably pull for Georgia just to see someone else at the top.

I agree that they will eventually have to figure out an expanded playoff. I could see an 8 team playoff with the power 5 conference champs in and then the next 3 highest ranked teams. At least then winning your conference guarantees you a spot. It would only add 1 additional game for the 2 finalists. Maybe skip a week after the conference championships and have the first round games not done as "bowl" games and played at the higher ranked team's stadium. Then the semi finals and finals could be done the same as they are now.

accsys

Green Cove Springs, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will definitely be watching as I absolutely love college football and watch any time I can. Yesterday's FCS championship won by ND State for the sixth time in seven years was not to be missed.

I also agree that they will eventually have to expand to eight teams. Central Florida beating Auburn handily in a bowl and finishing 13-0 shows the deficiency of our current four-team playoff. Could they have beat the four teams who made it to the playoffs? Probably not but we will never know. They should have had the chance to find out.

I think the Big 10 has improved a great deal in the last few years and hopefully will continue to do so. If Ohio State or Wisconsin had made into the playoffs, The team (Alabama) that has a good chance of winning yet another championship wouldn't have made the four team field. How did a team (Auburn) that lost its last two games of the year beat them? Injuries played a large part in that and many other teams final position. They must expand the playoffs so that these inequities don't continue. Since the FCS can do it, and has for a long time, I see no reason why the FBS cannot have a true playoff as well. Use the current 40 bowls to get the playoffs done. Yes a lot of 6-6 and 7-5 teams would not get a bowl game but we would actually have 40 bowls worth watching.
Just my opinion! [emoticon]

John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2007 Tiffin Phaeton QDH 40 w/Cat 7 350
2004 Liberty Renegade 4x4 Toad
Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar
Air Force One toad braking system
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Absolutely will be watching! I screamed for years for a National Championship game. If it is an all Sec deal, big deal. Others must get better. It won't happen all the time and also happens in the Final Four.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To make things more fair, every FBS team should be required to play (9) conference football games and the other (3) games have to be played against FBS teams. With those requirements, Alabama would NOT be eligible to play in the National Championship this year or next year! The only play (8) regular season (8) SEC conference games and typically (2) FCS college teams. I already looked at their 2018 schedule and came away unimpressed! Bags.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is OSU's 2018 Football schedule: 1. Oregon St. PAC12, 2. Rutgers BIG10, 3. TCU BIG12, 4. Tulane (American), 5. Penn. State BIG10, 6. Indiana BIG10, 7. Minnesota BIG10, 8. Purdue BIG10, 9. Nebraska BIG10, 10. Mich. State BIG10, 11. Maryland BIG10, & 12. Michigan BIG10. Nine (9) conference games, (2) Power 5 Non-Conference, & Tulane a FBS team. OSU's 2017 football schedule was much tougher that the upcoming 2018 schedule. However, the BIG10 makes the schedules for which BIG10 team you play each year! Michigan has always been the last game of the season, but I stronly feel that Penn State should replace Michigan as our biggest rival now as Penn state is a much better rival then Michigan because we have beat Mich. 15 of the last 17 years and 2018 that will be 16 wins vs 2 loses! Bags.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Absolutely, two good teams regardless of the selection process and a sad reminder football season is winding down.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No. I never watch football.

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Automatic, 4X4
Other toys: a pair of Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Football......round ball with few assorted octagonal black patchs with in a bunch of white ones?!?!?!? Kick ball around with feet, can not put hands on the ball or a foul is called.......watch upon occasion.....not too often!

Marty

PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I don’t watch the game, I have to watch The wife’s choice “The Bachelor”

Full-Time 2014 - ????

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Will You Be Watching The Nat'l Championship Mon?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS