cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Advice: 2001 Thor Four Winds 31c - Good? Bad?

saenzm
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I came across a 2001 Thor Four Winds 31c and wondering if there is anything we should be careful of.

It's a E450 with a V10. Weren't the early year V10s bad engines? This one has 115K

What other advice can you give me?

Thanks,
Mark
4 REPLIES 4

saenzm
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info.

Bedlam
Some of the older V10's would spit spark plugs due to poor threads in the head. Maybe have the spark plugs changed as condition of the sale to ensure that you do not have problems. Later versions of this engine had 3 valves per cylinder which gave it more horsepower and also corrected the thread problems in the head. That van will have the 4R100 transmission. If you can find a newer one with the 5R110, you will have less problems. Remember the van chassis may be year older than the assembled RV, so try to get the E450 VIN to see if it is a 2000 (10th digit in the VIN indicates the year).

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Y-Guy
saenzm wrote:
2001 Thor Four Winds 31c

While this is a toy hauler it's also a Class C so many of the posts can be found in that sub-forum. I'm not finding anything over the past year, but I ran a search from the archives, you can find those posts and probably some off topic items, *here*

Check out this thread, *Here*

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about them being bad, but the V-10s after 2003 were suppose to have some changes that made them better, more power for one. Not sure that I would purchase one with those kind of miles on it.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP