cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door contacts

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer
Well back for more advise. 2005 Safari Gazelle has a brass contact on the hinge side of the entry door. Can anybody help me identify what this contact controls it would be very helpful. Think it's part of the keyless entry but not sure. Also any ideas on where I can buy a replacement? Thanks in advance for your help.
4 REPLIES 4

MrWizard
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Painless-Wiring-40025-Jamb-Tac-Door-Jamb-Connector-5-Wire,34106.html

I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Are these what you're asking about?
Scott
Jambtac
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
On my Winnebago View, the two brass contact buttons on the coach door are the actuation for the door lock. On mine, it works off the Sprinter key fob for the cab (c class).

You can clean them with scotchbrite or very fine sandpaper or even a pencil eraser. They can be adjusted by removing the two phillips screws and pulling out the contact mechanism and screwing the nylon stop nuts in or out to allow more or less brass button protrusion. Don't cross up the wires or install the contact upside down as this will reverse the polarity and make the lock work opposite what it should.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

MrWizard
pictures are usually advisable when asking questions like
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s