Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Door latch problems
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Almot

out there

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jammed door - bad leveling.
Or sometimes it is "too good", with jacks tighten up too much in order to get the perfect level. Don't over-tighten. Try lowering some jacks, heck with that perfect level.

These barns on wheels are flimsy, the box gets distorted, door frame gets out off shape by fraction of inch.

It can also be that the door itself is warped, though this is more typical to screen door.

Hornnumb2

Baytown, TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used my dremel to make the hole correct on my striker, plus I removed a little wood behind it because the dead bolt wasn't going all the way in.

Almot

out there

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 11:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had to move the strike plate up a little too. Assumed that the OP had already checked and done all the small/easy fixes[emoticon]

Then I looked at the door frame from inside and saw the light - no, I was sober, it just was the crack around door frame that the trim didn't cover. Took some caulk to it.

Then added an extra weather strip on the screen door where it was TOO much of the gap.

Then - the drawers held together with staples like those you use on paper, then - the shower head screws barely holding in 1/8" plywood as if anchors or backing has not been invented yet. Etc etc, ad infinitum.

Don't get me started...

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 02:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You need to look at the reveal between the door and frame with both the rig leveled and not leveled. The dummies in the factory get paid by how many doors they install, not by if they're installed correctly. Most were probably taking orders at Burger King the week before they were installing doors.

On my current 17 Rockwood, and the previous 13 Keystone I had to pop the trim, remove the screws, and reset the latch side of the jamb on the entry doors. They just slap them in and pay no attention to proper alignment most of the time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS