Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: B+ ride comfort
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> B+ ride comfort

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
billy1davis

usa

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How does the ride comfort compare with a class B+? I know it isn't a class DP but maybe the ride is still pretty good? I am looking at a 30ft Class B+ Itasca

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wrong forum, a B+ is a Class C. Or maybe you are asking how a Class B compares to a Class B+. Can't help you there.

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

ADUS

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ours rides great, much easier to get around and wife loves driving.
Had a class A, wont be going back.

Lwiddis

El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora Reina Los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A Class A Diesel Pusher? Have you studied this sufficiently to make an informed decision? Driven a B+ enough to answer your own question?

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar - parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for USC & historical flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county campgrounds. 14 year Army vet. Bicyclist!

billy1davis

usa

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 06:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

not sure how a class b+ is a class c? Maybe for the sake of this forum that is how it is labeled?
I would like to know how the larger class b ( B+) compares to a class c and class a

lizzie

Unaka NC &Sopchoppy FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hu billy. It all has something to do with how the camper is attached to the chassis or maybe how the leg bone connects to the foot bone. Folks on this Forum are very fond of being exclusive but yours is a good question and deserves an answer. We had a Class B (Roadtrek) and it rode like the big, heavy dodge van that it was. It rattled and banged a lot but we loved it. We now have a B+ (or C-), built on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis. It has a smoother ride and much less noise but still not as good as our GMC Sierra Truck. We love it too. We rented a big Class C years ago and it rode like a tank. We did not love it but maybe they are more comfortable now. Can't speak for a Class A. lizzie

billy1davis

usa

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like that...."C-" I would love to hear how the other B+'s or(C-) ride.

Islandman

NW Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 23 foot Class C Coach House and it rides and handles very well; prior to it we owned a 19 foot Pleasure Way on a Dodge chassis. It was a fine unit and being a little shorter was easy to park; it also handled well. Reason we bought the Coach House was to have better beds, a good bathroom and shower, and more space to haul all the stuff we have. A longer Class C would have reduced cargo capacity compared to our shorter one. From what I've learned, there really isn't a Class B+, that's just a marketing term and generally not recognized by the industry standards which are based on how the motorhome is constructed, not some advertising idea. Generally speaking I think you will find that the shorter Class C's will ride and handle a little better than a Class B; the longer Class C's ride OK but are more limited on ease of handling and parking due to their length.

Farmboy666

Pisgah Forest, NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 23ft class C on a Chevy chassis. Ride is good and comfortable. 2 Queens, bathroom, dinette and tons of storage.

billy1davis

usa

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't get it?? I have found that with the class a's we have tried that the longer the WB the better the ride. So with Class C's it is the opposite?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> B+ ride comfort
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS