Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: U.S. tells citizens not to travel to five Mexican states
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> U.S. tells citizens not to travel to five Mexican states

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
bighatnohorse

Gig Harbor - Cave Creek

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/18 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I understand it, the US Embassy does not allow it's employees to visit those areas.
Americans will not be able to obtain help from their embassy if needed, thus the warning.

Sloppy drunk American party-goers should take note as the warning most definitely applies to adult bars and such other areas.

2014 Lance 1181
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. . ." -Mark Twain

RayJayco

Tampa

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you look on the link to the map provided by the State Dept., you will see that we still have embassies in locations such as Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, to name just a few, that are in the "Do Not Travel" areas.

Inquiring minds want to know...

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The quote above states:
Americans will not be able to obtain help from their embassy if needed, thus the warning.

The American Embasy in Mexico City is also of no use to the United States Citizens, they have a pair of idiots in a bunker on Paseo de la Reforma that do not understand that if a United States Citizen with a United States Passport requests to speak with a United States Marine they need to immediatly call a Marine to the gate, all they can parrot is "make an appiontment" and guess what you can not make an appiontment from Mexico City with a tablet from the US, the "I am not a robot" does not work from Mexico even with the Mexican computers.

If you get in trouble down in old Mexico do not count on the embasy for help, YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT by internet because the idiots in the bunker looked as a pair of deer in the spot light when I requested to speak with a US Marine, I do not know if they even know what a United States Marine is, I had a simple question and ended having a friend in the USA get the info for me, I am dreading the day I have to renew my passport, I might just go to Texas for that.

And these are my 2 cents on this item, be aware of your situation and surroundings.

navegator

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I understand that passport renewal in Acapulco is easy and fast.
Maybe a flight down and an overnight vacation for you two.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Racial Profiling Navegator.

When I went to the embassy I handed my passport to a marine guard. He reviewed it then made a telephone call. I was led to the entrance of a waiting room. There I was asked to empty my pockets take off my shoes and had to pass through an airport-like scanner. Then a marine patted my pockets and waved a hand scanner all over me. Since I have metal inside me the detectors went off like crazy.

Jr assistants to the sub secretary of the public relations staff are expert folder and leaflet distributors for all questions. It reminded me of asking a question about emissions testing at a California Motor Vehicle Department. The embassy is huge -- hundreds of employees. What they do for a living I haven't an idea.

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Each U.S. consulate has emergency numbers available on line. One is daytime and one is after hours. Someone is always on call.

When things were bad here in the north we had consulate, Mexican military and federal pólice telephone numbers in our cellphones.

The numbers are still available and in service. Check with your local consulate.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In questionable areas foreigners should abandon thoughts of bar-hopping and sidewalk staggering to the next watering hole after sundown. Take a taxi. Large gatherings that appeal to the younger generation should be avoided.

The number of idiot youngsters who party in Can'tcoon and other gringo nuthouses, then go to the shady areas looking to "score a pound of mota" is disheartening.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> U.S. tells citizens not to travel to five Mexican states
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS