cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lynchburg , tenn

copper_canyon_2
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of a good campground near Lynchburg , tenn for the Jack Daniels BBQ cook off in October
7 REPLIES 7

wanderingdawgs
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at both Old Stone Fort State Park in Manchester and Barton Springs in Normandy. I would recommend either one of them. Barton Springs is a TVA park. I posted about our stay at Barton Springs and visiting the Jack Daniels Distillery.
Beth and Henry
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD/CC/DA
2006 Titanium 29E34TS
wanderingdawgs.com

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Tims Ford state park. Great place with full hook ups, at least at the Fairview campground. It has 10 FHU sites that are big enough for big rigs. Main park campground has 6 FHU sites and they can fit rigs up to about 28 ft.

We have stayed at the Fairview CG a few times and I will go back there, its great. Cell reception is variable and there is NO over the air television or cable. They do have WiFi.

A couple places you may want to go see if you have extra time. George Dickel Distillery if you want some variety in your spirits. AND Prichards Distillery off of SR64. Prichards is a small batch distillery and I do mean small. 40 gallon. Great variety of spirits from rum to cordials and vodka. Excellant stuff.

In Tullahoma is the Beechcraft Heritage Museum devoted to the Beech Stagerwing aricraft. We had the place to ourselves when we toured it and its a lesson in aviation history. I found it to be very interesting.

We have not attended the BBQ competition at Jacks place but maybe this is the year we do. Bring on the briskett!

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
On the off chance you have military access, thereโ€™s the Fam Camp at Arnold AFB.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Not to far from Old Stone Fort in Manchester, TN.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
We used Henry Horton State Park as a base. Jack Daniels was an easy day trip.

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on how far you want to drive to Lynchburg. There's none really close. If you have a TV or a towed vehicle I can recommend either the Fairview Devil Step Campground on Tims Ford Lake, great sites and is run by the State Park. The campground in Tims Ford State Park is older and the spaces can be tight. I can also recommend Henry Horton State Park in Chapel Hill, TN.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I've never found one.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE