cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SilverLeaf Engine Monitor (still good)

TorchLake_Dream
Explorer
Explorer
We have been out of RVing since early 2007, my wife was sad when the Allegro Bus left the drive. During a recent move I came across our SilverLeaf engine monitor setup and wanted to know if these have a lifespan, is it worth trying to sell, or should I pitch it?
Torchlake Dreamers
2005 Allegro Bus 40QDP, Cummins 400ISL, VMSpc
2001 Ford Winstar
6 REPLIES 6

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I doubt you could get $200 but $100-$150 is possible.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

phays
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the JR500 version of JIB has a serial connection. There are adapters available to convert the serial connection to USB but one needs to check with Silverleaf for the recommended adapters.

I ran with the serial version and finally upgraded to the USB JIB several years ago. I traded the serial JIB in on the USB JIB but can't remember what I was given for it.

Also, you can patch into the transmission plug wires if you don't have an engine connector handy. Both this coach and my previous coach lacked an engine connector up front and I was forced to patch into the transmission connector. Someplace on the Silverleaf site are directions for using the transmission connector.

TorchLake_Dream
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies the model on the box is;

VMSpc
JR500 J1708 Interface Board
V. 2.01

It has a grey 6 pin plug and also a black 8 pin plug which is what I was using.
Torchlake Dreamers
2005 Allegro Bus 40QDP, Cummins 400ISL, VMSpc
2001 Ford Winstar

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
Your signature block shows VMSpc so I assume that's what you're referring to. The answer to your question is, yes it is definitely still good, with one caveat.

Your setup has a grey plug that connects to the grey diagnostic port at the base of your steering column. New coaches, those from sometime in 2016 and up, have green diagnostic ports, and your setup will not work the way it is. It can be sent in to Silverleaf to have it modified, but they charge around $100.

Since new ones retail for over $300 and there's really nothing to wear out, I would think you would be able to get at least $200 for it. Just make sure when you advertise it that you make it clear the purchaser's coach must have a grey plug.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
What model do you have?

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Is it the silverleaf that uses a laptop? If it is the unit that mounts in or on the dash without a laptop it is still good.

Moisheh