cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2002 Monaco Diesel heat and monitor panel

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2002 Monaco 40 foot there is what looks like a small heater near the sewage valves and water fill I can not find how to turn it on or how it works in the manual is it 12 volt or 110 volt where is the power switch on the monitor panel there is a switch that is marked heat system have tried to see if it would turn on at below 20 degrees but it did not if you can help explain the monitor panel and heating system reference the bay and any other parts would help I have had several truck campers and they had enclosed tanks with heat from the furnace and heat pads on the tanks as well to help with four season camping so the diesel class A is a new adventure I will appreciate your help and be thankful
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
5 REPLIES 5

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look for the snap disc in your bay and follow the source....Dennis

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
The system 12v heater in the wet bay is controlled by a "snap disc" this disc can be mounted anywhere in the wet bay..when the disc itself gets near 35 degrees it will snap the heater on and go off when it is 45 degrees..If you can find the snap disc, I'd spray a duster spray on it (it's cold) and it will turn on the bay heater for a test..These things have been known to fail and you don't want it to fail when you need it..After the test, it goes off within 5 minutes...My snap disc was mounted on the upper right of the wet bay behind some kind of panel..Make sure the system heat switch is on..and DO NOT DRY CAMP with this heater on...if you do and it goes on the batteries will drain very quickly..so if you feel it is getting cold and you need it..shore power or generator.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Inside on the main switch panel you may find some switch labeled 'System Heat' with a light next to it. When you turn on the switch it will glow red. If the temp is low enough outside then the power will go to the heater and the light next to the switch will glow. This tells you the heater is getting power.

There is a snap switch between the inside one and the heater that will not turn on unless it is cold enough and will turn off to stop the heater if the bay is warm enough.

In your manual look for 'System heat'. It is only 40 where we are and it never came on last night. In Michigan it would come on but only raise the temp in the bay about 20 degrees.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Welcome to the Dark side...the DP side. Most of us over here are not grammar and pronunciation police. From a TC it's going to be quite a learning curve. Help us out by adding which Monaco and what kind of heating system it has as you may have a AquaHot system.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
The heater in my rally compartment is 12 volt and is controlled by a temp sensor.
It turns on when the temp is in the mid 30's.

By the way, your post would be much easier to read if you would use proper punctuation.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter