Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minnie Winnie 22R price

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi all,

I recently sold my 14 years old class C and looking to buy a new Winnie 22R . I checked on Nada's website and offered the dealer 3000 more than lowest retail price ($48,000), but they all said no. How reliable are these prices? How much did you (or you know someone who did) pay for Minnie Winnie 22R ?

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2017/Winnebago/M-22R-Ford/6571682/Values
6 REPLIES 6

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you all for your valuable advises. After more than 1 month and 5 dealers visits, I finally bought a used 2 years old RV last week (40% discount over the new price (not MSRP)). It was stressful dealing with salespeople at first but I had a lot of fun later on after I learned to stick with my price and not be be convinced by their jumble mumble suggestions.

Here it is . Again, thanks for your valuable input.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
CodyClassB wrote:
Thanks guys.

klutchdust, is it easy to bring the RV back to CA and register it in CA ? I have never done that before but I am willing to try if price is a lot lower. thanks

Yes.You will receive a temporary reg. or tag to get it back home. I used AAA. I was required to have a smog inspection, new ones I doubt it.Look for the CA compliant sticker. Anyway I ran into the issue of chassis vs. house year. My coach was titled as an 09 on a 08 chassis. California titled it as an 08. After showing them the federal law that says the "finisher" of an incomplete chassis determines the year, it was all good. Doubtful that a new unit would have any issues pertaining to that.
When they smogged my coach the serial number showed the chassis was an 08. With that information the DMV titled it as such. The house wasn't put on and finished until 09. Goofy.
I have seen a few dealers out there, one I believe is in Texas ,that sells in volume. Now getting warranty service locally may become an issue. I would check around locally and even use that information to bargain with a local dealer. When you are serious, have all information in hand concerning price at other dealers, walk into a local dealer and present your case, go at the end of the month and avoid those extended warranties. The exclusions on many don't make sense to me. Some claim it gives them piece of mind. Having my own 4 grand in the bank to pay for the repairs myself give me piece of mind. 70% of extended warranties sold for vehicles, appliances, what have you are never used, according to consumer reports.

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks guys.

klutchdust, is it easy to bring the RV back to CA and register it in CA ? I have never done that before but I am willing to try if price is a lot lower. thanks

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
When purchasing a new car/truck i always use one dealer against the other . Go in knowing what a reasonable offer is. Do a search on the internet and ask for bids. Look for a volume dealer also.
When purchasing my C a few years back I flew from Ca. to Minnesota and it was a used piece but it was what I wanted and the price was the factor.

Now, those dang extended warranties that buyers spend thousands on. I would bank that dough and self insure.

Take your time and enjoy the search.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
nada just a very ruff guess. location will make things differ. but you got the right idea. and don,t be afraid to deal out of state.bought all my rv,s out of state and price was better.

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
I think your price is doable. But you may have to wait or travel further from home to get it. I would definitely expect you could get it for less than 57.8, the average price.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds