cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hydraulic leveling sustem alarms on and off while driving?

KyBlessing
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever experienced your hydraulic leveling system alarming on and off while driving down the road? We have a 2006 Monaco Knight....
9 REPLIES 9

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Had a Winnebago that would frequently do that. Jacks were HWH. Winnebago told me that when raising the jacks, let them raise and let them time out rather than turning them off. Followed this instructions and jacks never again went into alarm while driving down the road. You might try that.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed mine was alarming last year on the way home from Pigeon Forge. When we got back home and before I could check the level I noticed a small spot of oil under the hyd reservoir. Inspecting it I found that Monaco had relied on four screws to hold the reservoir in position at the weakest point possible, near the weld at the neck. I drained the tank and took it to a certified welder near our home. He wire welded the neck where a small stress crack had formed due to the tremendous vibration the tank takes while travelling down our "smooth interstates". He and I designed a brace on the back of the tank which I drilled and bolted it to the frame. I then refilled with fresh oil and problem solved. So I expect your fluid is low which as it sloshes around while travelling trips the sensor. If you do not have any leaks around the jacks I would inspect the above area carefully.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most Monacos have hydraulic levelers with the pump/tank under the steps. Add some ATF.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot levelers have a limit switch attached to each cylinder that's pressed in when the jack is fully retracted. Others use a level switch in the fluid reservoir to determine when all jacks are retracted.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
We experienced the same thing last month on our drive down to Florida.
We have Bigfoot levelers.

I called a contact phone number I had of a guy at Bigfoot and he said one of the levelers was probably down 1/16th of an inch causing the alarm to sound.
He instructed me to tighten the bolt on the bottom of each leveler pad.

I had gotten off the highway and really didn't want to go crawling under the rig in freezing temps so I thought I would simply lower each leveler a short distance and then retract them and see if that would solve the issue.
Luckily that is all it took. Never heard the alarm the rest of the trip.
2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3513

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell us what system you have. The alarm is triggered by different things on different systems.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Clicky to a similar discussion.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

skiatom
Explorer
Explorer
Mine sounds when the fluid is low. Yours may be right at that level.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was fluid level being borderline low.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado