Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

spare tt tire

thoms
Explorer
Explorer
Need a st225/75R15 spare tire and rim. has anyone had any dealings with
freestar M108 tires? Don`t know anything about them. think Walmart sells them?
thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Westcoasting
Explorer
Explorer
I lost my spare on a logging road when the cheap bumper mount broke. I found the cheapest tire i could at Costco as i'm not going to use the tire for any extended time. And previously i have been through so many crappy tires made overseas before i bought good ones so i do know about blowouts and needing a spare!

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up a spare at Tractor Supply. It is a spare to get me home. I has been used once to get me home from South Dakota and one time to finish out the few miles to home.

When I changed my seven year old China bombs after more than 18,000 miles because of age, I went to a D rated tire but the spare is the old C rated.

It is the spare. It is not going to be on for more than a couple of days. I do not intend to run it for an extended period of time.

I have never had a tire blow up or come apart. All my flats, both truck and trailer have been nails or other road hazards. Road hazards do not care how much your tires cost.

The advantage of a more expensive tires is they have the manufacturer's reputation behind them and often a better warranty.

Of course I have a 25 ft. TT, all bets are off when you start talking bout those large behemoths.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

armond05
Explorer
Explorer
Aside from brand, following the rated speed and proper tire inflation are important. We had Goodyear tires without a problem. We upgraded to Maxxis and so far they are holding up well.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 sounds like a china bomb tire . tires one of the top things on your rv you want to be high quality.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Ideally your spare should be the same as the tires on the RV.
I have six Michelin XPS tires all the same age and every two years or so I rotate them and include the two spares in the rotation. This tends to keep all the tires wearing the same.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)