cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washington D.C. to New York City

ifd22
Explorer
Explorer
We Stayed at Cherry Hill Park in DC last year. We liked it so much we are going back this summer. We’re thinking about going to New York for a couple of days. We’re be traveling from Cherry Hill to Liberty Harbor. Question is, what day of the week would be best to travel between the two. We’re probably stay at Liberty Harbor for a couple of days. What kind of travel time could we expect between the two. Thanks for the help.
2019 Primetime lite Crusader
2018 Ram 2500 Crewcab CTD
Andersen hitch
7 REPLIES 7

ifd22
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help. Especially with the propane restrictions, i hadn’t thought of that.
2019 Primetime lite Crusader
2018 Ram 2500 Crewcab CTD
Andersen hitch

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
As for day of the week- Tuesday or Wednesday will be your best shot. Leave Cherry Hill at 9:30.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I hit enter before I was finished, so here is another shot at actually answering the question.

When we went from (Liberty Harbor) NYC down to DC (Cherry Hill Park), we left out about 9:30 am on a Tuesday morning and hit little/no traffic until we got right outside of DC.

This was about halfway through a 45 day east coast travel tour that took us up through Va, to WV, Md, PA, CT, MA, NH, VT, ME, then back down through MA, RI, CT into NY, DC and then further south to NC, and finally to SC. We met friends there in SC and spent another week with them at the beach. We had a wonderful time.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
jplante4 wrote:
We always try to make the Jersey portion of any trip on a Sunday.

Watch which way you go around DC. There are propane restrictions in one of the tunnels.

Those restrictions are in Baltimore not DC. Propane is prohibited in the 95/895 tunnels through Baltimore.

But you can take 695 around with no problem.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
jplante4 wrote:

Watch which way you go around DC. There are propane restrictions in one of the tunnels.

Those restrictions are in Baltimore not DC. Propane is prohibited in the 95/895 tunnels through Baltimore.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
ifd22 wrote:
We Stayed at Cherry Hill Park in DC last year. We liked it so much we are going back this summer. We’re thinking about going to New York for a couple of days. We’re be traveling from Cherry Hill to Liberty Harbor. Question is, what day of the week would be best to travel between the two. We’re probably stay at Liberty Harbor for a couple of days. What kind of travel time could we expect between the two. Thanks for the help.

Couple hundred miles so 4-5 hours should do it, just straight up I-95

If you were up for a little adventure in the summer you could head to Rehoboth Beach for a few days then take the Ferry to the Jersey Shore then on up.

Lots of options.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach