cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoors RV made in Oregon

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does any one have experience with an Outdoors RV? I am especially interested in the Back Country line of trailers. I used to have a Nash made by the same company and really miss it.
13 REPLIES 13

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a 2015 20fq Creek Side. We love it. We've done a lot of mods to make it ours. All the mods we did are posted in the "Do it Yourself" modifications forum. We bought ours specifically for the U-Shaped Dinette and the big back window...........that gets really fogged up when I make coffee!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the response. I am drawn to the 20 footer with the rear dinette also. Windows are imortant. Many new trailers are cave like and lack windows. In Nevada there is always a lot to look at. In the colder weather I would face the aft end south for solar gain. A great set up tht fits everywhere and only weighs around 4,500 pounds.

Glenda2014
Explorer
Explorer
barko1 we went the middle of May....about 500 miles was a little rough...pot holes, road work, a little gravel, etc....we had plenty of time and took it slow. Pulled it with a 2016 GMC 3/4 ton....think the trailer is about 6500 lbs.fully loaded. Back windows on the Creekside were perfect!
The views were amazing! The wildlife, bears, eagles, moose,whales, sea otters and more right out that back window! Boondocked
all the way up and back. You should go....we stayed in a rv park in downtown Valdez, camped at the city CG in Seward (my favorite), and on the Homer Spit. All beautiful....
Not sure if the TV is 19in. or 15....my trailers in storage....it seemed the right size for the space though...
2016 Creekside 20
Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Note that unlike almost every other brand, the LaGrange firms advertise that their frames are built to handle off-pavement towing. That is impressive -- they would not encourage the customers to tow on dirt roads if the frames were not able to stand up to some significant abuse.

Too bad they don't make a really little trailer! I use my little Fun Finder off pavement, but I have to go really, really slowly (often under 5 mph), even after beefing up the suspension.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Creekside 20FQ Titanium is at the tip top of my list right now. Any of you owners know how big (I mean small) that television is? Is it at least 19"?

From what I've seen, they have similar build quality to the rest, but they use higher quality components where it counts.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

barko1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new 20fq, creekside, mountain. Was thinking about hauling it to AK but..... I have been there in a light weight Truck camper, how did it go dragging the trailer the whole way?!!

Glenda2014
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2016 20 ft Creekside....pulled it to Alaska and back last year....still just like new.....love my trailer! Would definitely recommend!
2016 Creekside 20
Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton

rvshrinker
Explorer III
Explorer III
I own a 23DBS, just bought it in October. Have only camped once in it but no leaks and everything works and it feels sturdy and comfy to me.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Ron Nash started ORV when he purchased the old Fleetwood plant in La Grande Or.
He no longer has any say in whats going on. It's my understanding that do to a stroke he's not involved much.
ORV and NW frames are built in the same frame plant. Other than that the differences are unique to each model and brand.
Just watch the videos on both sites about construction and you can see the similarities and differences.

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2013 model and really like it.
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mr. Nash is the owner of Outdoors RV. Call them sister companies.

totaldla
Explorer
Explorer
In house made frames.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Actually Nash is made by Northwood MFG. Outdoor RV is a totally different company that is owned by a relative. Both are located in LaGrande. But to answer your question, Outdoor makes some really decent trailers that rival Northwood products. What I dont know is if they use an in house frame or a Lippert frame. Northwood still uses in house frames.