cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding a 2nd A/C to A late model Winnebago Vista 31

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
We really like the Winnebago Vista 31BE floorplan but I just can't accept having one A/C in Texas. Has anyone on here added a second A/C in the bedroom of a late model Vista? I understand it's 30A unit and would require a second drop to be plugged seperate from the 30A cord.
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
6 REPLIES 6

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
Go to IRV2.com, or forestriverforums.com, then find the Forest River FR3 forum. Many folks have done this very mod on their units. You might get helpful ideas.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I guess you only have to run it on the ceiling until you get to the cabinetry and it should be easy enough to take it from there.
2017 F250 PSD 4X4

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I'm sure that's the worst part. You may have to use cosmetic-type surface mounted conduit if you can't fish it inside a wall.

MrWizard
I think , that if it is not pre-wired with second A/C option
You will need to go with wire mold on the wall and ceiling as you will not be able to pull Romex down to the basement thru the ceiling and walls
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks - I wonder how hard it is to pull some romex down to the basement?
2017 F250 PSD 4X4

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Should work just fine if you can find a nice way to route the second power cord.
You'll have enough pedestal power anywhere they have a 100A panel, that is, a panel with 50, 30 & 20 amp outlets. (The 30 and 20 are on separate legs)