cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Key replacement

R_E_Baird
Explorer
Explorer
Record all key numbers or lock numbers for possible later replacement. Better to do when accessible and not when locks are locked, doors are locked, etc. and keys are lost. Record lock manufacture and key number for each lock you have. This may save a big, big headache later.
Jackie & Roland
Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS
2019 GMC Sierra K3500
13 REPLIES 13

malikto
Explorer
Explorer
As for keys, definitely record by the number. I'd also order from Fastec the keys.

I had a locksmith try to copy my RV keys. He destroyed my originals because he put them in the wrong slot on the key machine, then claimed my keys were like that. So, I rather just order from the factory.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
My first post was reference to the keys. Follow up was suggestion to record appliances.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
My bad. Thought it was somehow related to lost keys.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Appliances fail. You will need make, model and sometime serial number to get the correct part.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
enblethen wrote:
I will add that everyone should make a list of their appliances with make, model number and serial numbers.
I am sure that problems develop in the worst time like raining, dark and when you are in a hurry to hit the road.

I have to ask.....why?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I always get at least two extra sets of keys, 1 is stored safely somewhere on the unit.Where only I know where they are.
1 spare set stays in the TV.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I too keep multiple sets. Save for the Ignition key all my keys are "Common" You woudl be surprised how many RV's I can open up (Oh and the door keys) basement, water door, hook, all standard keys and odds are your key fits as well as mine.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would suggest that you hide at least an entry door somewhere on the exterior of your rig.
There is places that can be accessed without keys or tools. Refer, water heater, and lp compartment are some.
Same goes for your TV or toad.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I keep 3 compete sets in my truck and another in DWโ€™s Expy. You think I might have locked my only set in the 5er once upon a time? :S

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I have a small box in the truck with a copy of every single key I need. Everything from bike and hitch locks to RV door and compartment locks. It has come in handy at times.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I will add that everyone should make a list of their appliances with make, model number and serial numbers.
I am sure that problems develop in the worst time like raining, dark and when you are in a hurry to hit the road.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
No need to post multiple times.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You should be keeping a complete set of keys to use as masters.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow