Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Coast to Coast: Good Nieghbor Parks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Coast to Coast

Open Roads Forum  >  Coast to Coast

 > Good Nieghbor Parks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
jdb7566

minnesota

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/18/18 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sarhvac1 wrote:

all GNP reservations must be made through the Park itself not the trip setter and must be paid direct to them.no more Points to buy or use. however i have points on my acct. not sure how to get the money back since we can't use it any longer

Do you not use C2C parks? GNP parks have always required more points than C2C parks.

sarhvac1

Slatington PA.

Full Member

Joined: 01/15/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/18/18 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdb7566 wrote:

sarhvac1 wrote:

all GNP reservations must be made through the Park itself not the trip setter and must be paid direct to them.no more Points to buy or use. however i have points on my acct. not sure how to get the money back since we can't use it any longer

Do you not use C2C parks? GNP parks have always required more points than C2C parks.


Yes we use C2C however we paid for a PREMIER Membership.. with that level of membership all C2C resorts/campgrounds are free. only pay for GNP


sarhvac1
2012 Copper Canyon 292fwbhs
2003 f250 7.3 Powerstroke

sarhvac1

Slatington PA.

Full Member

Joined: 01/15/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/18/18 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ken56 wrote:

Points are still good at C2C parks though right?


it only really effects your point balance if your a Premier Member if you have to pay for C2C parks your still good

jdb7566

minnesota

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/18/18 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sarhvac1 wrote:

jdb7566 wrote:

sarhvac1 wrote:

all GNP reservations must be made through the Park itself not the trip setter and must be paid direct to them.no more Points to buy or use. however i have points on my acct. not sure how to get the money back since we can't use it any longer

Do you not use C2C parks? GNP parks have always required more points than C2C parks.


Yes we use C2C however we paid for a PREMIER Membership.. with that level of membership all C2C resorts/campgrounds are free. only pay for GNP

OK, was not aware of the Premier membership. I hope you do not have a whole lot of money tied up in points. We have a Deluxe membership and use it quite often. I am concerned about the downward spiral of available C2C affiliates since we joined almost 10 years ago.

Oklahoma Dan

Owasso

New Member

Joined: 08/09/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/18/18 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I am concerned about the downward spiral of available C2C affiliates since we joined almost 10 years ago."

Good point. Do consider this boom in RV sales and tremendous growth in the number of newbies competing for existing quality campground space makes it a matter of supply and demand. Wonderful time for the RV mfgs., the sellers i.e. Camping World and the private campground owners but really do GNP and campground owners who are with C2C really need Coast to Coast and associated discounting of their rates to fill space in boom times?

* This post was edited 01/18/18 05:24pm by Oklahoma Dan *

sarhvac1

Slatington PA.

Full Member

Joined: 01/15/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/18/18 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oklahoma Dan wrote:

"I am concerned about the downward spiral of available C2C affiliates since we joined almost 10 years ago."

Good point. Do consider this boom in RV sales and tremendous growth in the number of newbies competing for existing quality campground space makes it a matter of supply and demand. Wonderful time for the RV mfgs., the sellers i.e. Camping World and the private campground owners but really do GNP and campground owners who are with C2C really need Coast to Coast and associated discounting of their rates to fill space in boom times?


The thing is most affiliated with C2C sell memberships to their parks. It's where they make the most of their money . However you are correct about the amount of new campers looking for spots

chuckwhittle

Colorado

New Member

Joined: 10/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/22/18 04:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just sent another e-mail to C2C corporate about the GNP reservation changes. I was caught with 35,000 trip points that I have used for the past 10 years to stay at GNP parks. Since C2C put many members in this same situation, why not allow the use of trip points to pay for annual membership renewal???

C2Cs GNP changes resulted in increase cost of GNP stays, made us call to make reservations and call back when there is no answer, then use my credit card for a deposit or pay for the stay.

Come on folks. What now??? C2C changed a major part of their program for the members, what will they change next?

Oklahoma Dan

Owasso

New Member

Joined: 08/09/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/22/18 05:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would be a good idea if Coast to Coast marketing people and management figured out some good new ideas proactively and very fast. The GNP changes in reservation and especially rate negotiation direct to the campground is problematic. If any C2C members stay at a GNP and should find out they might be paying the same rate or by gosh more than their campground neighbors it may not be pretty. I have enjoyed my membership with Coast to Coast and hope management is proactive and not reactive to what may be a coming storm.

* This post was edited 01/22/18 06:00pm by Oklahoma Dan *

sarhvac1

Slatington PA.

Full Member

Joined: 01/15/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/22/18 07:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I still have not received any form of Contact from C2C ....

sarhvac1

Slatington PA.

Full Member

Joined: 01/15/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/25/18 09:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE; talked with C2C today they assured me that they would be more than happy to refund money i have in the point system. however upon talking to the Rep. we discovered that there is 1 C2C resort not to far from me in VA. that actually has upgraded spots in their park that we can use the points for. but again she still offered to refund my points if i wanted. and after further conversation she explained the whole reason for moving away from the point system for GNP. they where having problems keeping everybody trained at GNP's to operate both Reservation systems so decided to go the route of pay direct to GNP at the posted discount price. and that they are actively seeking and getting more resorts to sign up C2C. and from what she told me i know as truth because our home park is a multi park owner and they are buying up places all the time. so after all is said this Matter was handled very Satisfactorily. thank you Again.
SCOTT

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Coast to Coast

 > Good Nieghbor Parks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Coast to Coast


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS