cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bargman 92 series to LED replacement

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Gulf Stream TT that uses Bargman 34-92-001 & 34-92-003 tail lights. They're OK but I'd like to replace them with LED fixtures but haven't found any. Mine are 8 9/16 W x 4 9/16 H x 2 1/8 D.
Other than just replacing the bulbs with LED has anyone replaced their 92 series with an LED.

2 REPLIES 2

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Caveat - I've never bothered with my own 2014 trailer which has conventional incandescent exterior lighting which seems to work well enough but I have read of some who've tried it and had all sorts of issues. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Vehicles these days are computer driven, many wired with CANBUS, which if designed to power incandescent lighting may not play well with LED circuitry. Although this article refers to the problem with vehicles it could also be an issue with trailers as well since it's exterior lighting system is powered by the TV's electrical system. I'd use caution before proceeding with this project and wouldn't assume it's just a simple matter of swapping LED for incandescent. For some it may work, for others it may not, depending on the tow vehicle's electrical system. You sure wouldn't want to make this change and not only discover the trailer lights won't work but you've also perhaps somehow damaged your TV's electrical system. :E
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I've replaced tail lightt assemblies on an earlier TT, but this was before LED was around. There should be no problem replacing the assemblies with LED assemblies. Pretty much a Remove, connect wiring, and install. I've looked at LED assemblies and there shouldn't be a problem,.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo