cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Off Topic Medical Plea

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
This will undoubtedly be shuttled to another forum. But until it is, allow me to make a strong recommendation.

THE CURRENT FLU EPIDEMIC AND DEATHS

The flu vaccines didn't work.

But what DOES WORK is this

Get a PNEUMONIA SHOT

I encouraged friends to do this a year ago. It stopped my chronic inner ear infections DEAD in it's tracks after 6 years of thrice a year infections.

It seems to not only stop pneumonia dead in its tracks but also the worst part of the flu symptoms. It has worked for more than a dozen friends and acquaintances and at this writing it is working for me.

Get an inoculation ASAP. It starts working in three days or so. Your family doctor can tell you more about this. The quacks told me the inoculation is one-time for life.

Regular programming now resumes...
79 REPLIES 79

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Use the noodle. How many people die from influenza? NONE
Untrue.

Explain your rationale of mechanism. What happens?

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
At best, says Fauci, flu vaccines are only ever about 60 percent effective. While that makes it at least 60 percent more effective than not getting a vaccine at all, it still means the rapidly mutating virus has a fighting chance.

What Makes This Flu Season So Bad
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Use the noodle. How many people die from influenza? NONE
Untrue.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Down here one country is the prime supplier -- Switzerland. I went unprotected into the teeth of the 2010 outbreak in California and never got a sniffle. Lots of grumbles from inoculated sick people.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I've never understood the hatred towards the Chinese. They are hard workers, creative people, great at business and just happen to knock the socks off of other countries.

That's what it is. Fear of the competition.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
The Flue vaccine has missed the mark
The fault lands on the CDC
They are picking the strains too early...

Nope. It is WHO, not CDC that decides in February what strains for the Northern Hemisphere the following Fall.

And no, the Chinese were not approved to manufacture the Flu Vaccine until the end of 2015.

Lots of bad info in this thread.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
T18skyguy wrote:
My background is medical, and one thing that has helped me is to remember that the flu can only infect you through a mucous membrane. In flu season, remember every door handle is contaminated. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and personal area's which are routes of transmission. When you eat a sandwich, hold it in it's wrapper so the bread doesn't get the pathogens. Avoid coughing people and kids as much as possible, so as not to inhale it. With kids, that remark is made because their always sick. Avoid tight crowds in flu season. If a door handle is a lever, use your wrist instead of your hand to open it. The more you avoid people the better( except for RV'ers ๐Ÿ™‚ Look at your immune system as an army. Do you want a trained battle hardened army or a bunch of new recruits? Vaccines train your army of white blood cells to attack an invader more effectively. You can't avoid everything, life must be lived, but with the right approach you can greatly lessen it. And yes hand washing, but the next thing you touch recontaminates you. If your an oldie like me, get the pneumonia shots. By the time you realize your not invincible, it's too late.

Best advice yet. The shots alone don't do much good unless you protect yourself with the above info. Thanks for posting.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
6-days. Cough gone. Fever gone. No secondary infections. And I am an "at risk" over 70 senior with diabetes AND heart issues.

I used to follow the bouncing ball. I ended up in Washoe Medical Center. Went into the flu with reddened eardrums, sore throat. Sometimes the medical community is extremely ignorant

"Huh? A pneumonia shot stops ear infections and reduces incidence of strep throat?" Yes. So says the Journal of The American Medical Association.

50% of the "discomfort" of influenza is caused by the superinfection not the virus.

Grand question...how about influenza, compounded by an inner ear infection PLUS strep throat? Can't happen? Yeah, right...

Bacterial Infections within the head AUGMENTIN. Amoxicillin plus Clauvanic Acid. Infections of the larynx and bronchial tubes CIPROFLOACIN Check with your doctor.

The Flu DOES NOT IN ANY WAY INVOLVE A "SORE THROAT"

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
In this You tube video, there is a giant petri dish divided into 10 sections. As the sections move from 1 through 10, each subsequent layer has 10 times the strength of antibiotic placed on it as the previous layer. Then they introduce bacterial pathogens at both ends, and you can see in real time how fast they mutate and make the antibiotic ineffective. This is how they also mutate in the human population. See their ability to adapt before your eyes.

See it here
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

MrWizard
Two weeks for the flue
Another 7-10 days after, before the cough is gone
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
What ever happened to the good 'ol 24 hour flu?? No flu shot needed. Just tough it out for 24 hours and you're back to normal. I've had this year's flu strain for about a week now and am so tired of it. Better be gone by the start of the camping season. ๐Ÿ˜ž

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Just to throw a little more fuel on the fire.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/here-s-how-flu-virus-kills-some-people-so-quickly-n839936

On a side note, I was reading an article a while back explaining that a major part of the reason for flu shot not working so well is because the way we produce the culture in eggs, which causes a certain amount of mutation that no longer matches the original virus.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Great and important topic Mex....I havenโ€™t had the flu in forty years - until this year!.... Just got the pneumonia last week....Complacency no longer applies - new strains are arriving to this country regularly and can adversely impact oneโ€™s camping joy...JMHO

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
MEX - you've provided an interesting thread!
Yes it should be moved "somewhere else"....for better (no pun) exposure!

There really are (very few) folks who have better natural immunity than others.
However - vaccines do work - most of the time.

I'm happy to get (whatever version) of flu vaccine is available,
had the pneumonia versions & shingles vaccine too.

Shingles: Was chatting with a female pharmacist - after she had asked if I had gotten my shingles vaccination.

(Ans=Yes) - told her of a friend that got shingles on his neck area, went into his inner ear. Temp deafness in one ear for about a month.

SHE said - her husband is a dentist. Had a patient who would come in to get a Novocaine shot to be able to eat at least one meal w/o pain - as the shingles had affected his mouth.

USAF - 1964, basic. Everybody got a Smallpox vaccination. About a week later, my neck was itching like crazy. Went to the infirmary (or whatever they called it). Doc said it was shaving rash - dispensed some kind or ointment. No help - getting worse.

Go back to central dispensary on a Saturday - lucked out, as two guys on their one-day pass to town, had gone to a civilian hospital. One guy had a sore throat, other had strep. Civilian doc had called the base commander, stuff hit the fan!

So - doc sends me over to the base hospital. Doc there, took one look said you have Smallpox Vaccinia. Took ten days (in hosp) to clear it up. Not "sick" - but confined to the Contagious Diseases Ward".

They "guessed" -"maybe" - I had scratched the vaccination site, and then scratched my neck while sleeping?? Who knows.
So, on that one - agree with the never/never posters:
NEVER got another Smallpox vaccination!! - ROTFS ("S"=scratching)

What I do know (and learned) is -
Burrow's Solution (Aluminum Acetate Solution) is *OUTSTANDING* for any
kind of contact dermatitis! It is sold OTC as "Domeboro" astringent solution. Packets of powder you mix with water.

How well does it work? Guy staying at a mtn cabin with us, had a bad case of the hives. He had been trying everything he could think of.
Told him to go down to the local drugstore, get the Domeboro and a spray bottle. Stand in the shower, spray yourself - and only pat dry.
Immediate relief! One more treatment the next day - and gone.

Hey - don't forget your Tetanus shot, and Mex - for those folks giving you a hard time.....apply gel - 400 watt seconds...CLEAR !!

:C