cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double pane windows

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
I am having problems with the double pane frameless windows on my 5th wheel. When we bought the rig, one of the small lower sections of the bedroom window had moisture between the panes. It took awhile but I had that window replaced under warranty. That was several years ago. Now out of warranty and I have two other windows where the small lower sections that open have moisture between the panes. Evidently the seal between the panes is broken allowing the windows to sweat between the panes. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there anyway to fix the problem without replacing the entire window? How do I find out who makes these windows so that I can contact the manufacturer to find out why I'm having so many problems with them? BTW, my rig is a Lifestyle 5th wheel made by Evergreen RVs and they are out of business.
7 REPLIES 7

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve had good luck obtaining RV windows on ebay.

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
I called RVFogDr in Searcy, AR and they do not fix frameless windows and said no one else does either. They have to be replaced

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Many window shops can fix them or you can do it yourself. Not difficult, just time consuming. You have to get the right spacer strip. It comes in different widths to match the spacing between the panes of glass. I fixed mine without totally separating the two panes. I cut the spacer strip out of the top and bottom and pulled a rag back and forth with a coathanger to clean the two inside surfaces then slid the new spacer strips in. There is a second sealer in a caulking tube that you apply that really does the final seal. CL Laurence produces what you need and has instruction sheets.
This is what you are looking for (but in the width for your windows).
https://www.amazon.com/C-R-LAURENCE-SS31666-Edgetech-Spacer/dp/B0149J3L6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516240360&sr=8-1&keywords=cr+laurence+spacer

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
All of mine failed I’m my 2005 Fleetwood. Very common.

Suncoast in Hudson Fl did all mine. There is a company in Elkhart.

Some people repair them DIY. Check Youtube.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Cougarnewbie
Explorer
Explorer
We have a brand new Cedar Creek 5er with dual pane windows. In the morning the 2 small windows in the bed room and the 1 in the kitchen area show condensation. None of the large windows do. Not sure why. But it seems the moisture is on the inside. Not between the panes. I will keep an eye on it and repost.
May All Your On Ramps be Downhill

Puddle_Pirates
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same issue on one of my dual pane windows last year. I found a company that can fix them. They take the whole window and frame out, reseal the glass panes and replace the window. Was fairly reasonable cost.

You can internet search for ones in you area. When I was looking I found many companies across the US that performed the work.
Scott & Donna

2013 Dodge Ram 3500, dually, Aisin, 4.10
2014 Keystone Fuzion 404 Chrome.

Chiefcpo
Explorer
Explorer
Get in touch with a window (commercial) company and they can either make a replacement for you or direct you in the correct direction.