cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

South fort Myers Fla. Campings

Bfleishell
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a reasonable camp ground in the southern fort Myers and Napels area. For the months of January , February and March of 2019. Has to be pet friendly. This will be our first time out this long and this time of year. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
January thru march is the high season and rates go up, way up. You need to start researching and calling parks you think will suit your needs and ask questions. Use RVParkreviews.com and RVPARKY app to find parks in the areas you would like to go to. Good luck.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
My cousin winters at Upriver (at Fort Myers), together with a group of other bikers who ride around from bar to bar and party a lot when they are together in the campground. The CG is pet friendly as well as biker friendly.

I assume your "reasonable" is about cost. South Florida costs what it costs, there is not a lot of variation except that it tends to cost more being farther south or closer to the beach. But whatever the cost, if you like to party with old bikers, Upriver is worth looking into.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Weโ€™re staying at Naples KOA but I had a hard time getting a week, 100 a night. There is a place south of Everglades City you could try.

jim1521
Explorer
Explorer
Even the dumps down here are expensive in-season. And you are DEFINITELY in-season. $40 will get you sleeping under a bridge. Don't expect anything near civilization to be less than $50-$60 per night - providing they have any availability.

Here's a place that's not too bad, but out in the middle of the Everglades... the middle of nowhere. http://www.bigcypressrvresort.com/rates.php

and jplante4 is right: down here in-season you need to book almost a year in advance.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We were looking south of Sarasota in the winter of 15/16 and everything "reasonable" was booked. People find a place they like and booked it for this year when they left last year. You literally have to wait for someone to die.

Now, if you want to pay $125 a night...
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
You probably should define `reasonable' for Florida in the winter.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)